Can you buy down your "lease" with Ford Options/X-plan?

SDMMEGT

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
If this is somewhere else on the forum, I apologize, but will say I have been looking for over an hour and just said to heck with it, I'll make a post and take the "this was already posted about" comments.

Think this is a simple one, but getting ready to take delivery and looking at all my options here. Since the X-plan/Options Plan is kind of like a financing and lease hybrid, can you buy down your "lease" with Ford Options/X-plan? For example, let's say you put down $20k when you buy it and let's say that makes your payment $500, then 6 months goes by and you get your rebate for $7500 so you decide to put it down on the MME. Does that now lower the monthly payment moving forward from the original $500 to whatever it would be or does it just pay down the principal so you will basically reduce the term of the lease? I know you can't usually buy down your lease payment, but with the X-plan being a pretty new thing on the market, I just thought I would ask if anyone has done this and if it lowered the payment. Thanks!
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
If this is somewhere else on the forum, I apologize, but will say I have been looking for over an hour and just said to heck with it, I'll make a post and take the "this was already posted about" comments.

Think this is a simple one, but getting ready to take delivery and looking at all my options here. Since the X-plan/Options Plan is kind of like a financing and lease hybrid, can you buy down your "lease" with Ford Options/X-plan? For example, let's say you put down $20k when you buy it and let's say that makes your payment $500, then 6 months goes by and you get your rebate for $7500 so you decide to put it down on the MME. Does that now lower the monthly payment moving forward from the original $500 to whatever it would be or does it just pay down the principal so you will basically reduce the term of the lease? I know you can't usually buy down your lease payment, but with the X-plan being a pretty new thing on the market, I just thought I would ask if anyone has done this and if it lowered the payment. Thanks!
X-Plan is stackable with Ford Options. (X-Plan is not new)

The max down payment is 45% of the purchase price.

You can do a one-time lump sum reschedule. Your lump sum amount would be applied and your monthly payment amount would be reduced but the remaining term would not change (if you had 24 payments remaining, then you still have 24 payments remaining they are just a lower amount).

OP
OP
SDMMEGT

SDMMEGT

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
X-Plan is stackable with Ford Options. (X-Plan is not new)

The max down payment is 45% of the purchase price.

You can do a one-time lump sum reschedule. Your lump sum amount would be applied and your monthly payment amount would be reduced but the remaining term would not change (if you had 24 payments remaining, then you still have 24 payments remaining they are just a lower amount).
Thank you! Very much appreciated!
Sponsored