Can you see charge windows in FordPass app?

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
I am running Fordpass on Android 12 with a pixel 6 pro.

When I go to any of my saved charging locations, I cannot see the preferred charge times that I have set for the location in the Fordpass app. I have never been able to see them. It doesn't matter if I set the preferred charge times for a saved location in the car or the app.

Is this normal? Or can others see the preferred charge times for saved location in the app?
Sponsored

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If I click on the location and then scroll down I see “preferred charge times” with the window I set.

A64304E5-4A94-474C-A4E0-7891922688A0.jpeg

OP
OP
RedDragon

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. Below is a screenshot from my home charging location. Any of my saved locations always looks like this:.

Screenshot_20220122-085654.png

OP
OP
RedDragon

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The actual charge window is never displayed

Anyone else have this problem? And if so any solutions?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Mine is also not displayed (Android 12, Pixel 4a), but I use my utility's plan times. Digging deep enough I can see them.

OP
OP
RedDragon

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe it's Android then? Can anyone who uses Android see the charge windows in the same way that ride_the_lightning can?

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Interesting. Below is a screenshot from my home charging location. Any of my saved locations always looks like this:.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Can you see charge windows in FordPass app? Screenshot_20220122-085654
It behaves exactly the same on my Samsung phone, i.e., no actual window is shown in FordPass. I use charging schedules on my ChargePoint HomeFlex, which is easier for me to override when needed (without going to 100% and abandoning the preferred charging level, which appears to be the case if charging windows are set and the only option to override is Charge to 100%), by clicking Start Charging Now in the ChargePoint app.

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Maybe it's Android then? Can anyone who uses Android see the charge windows in the same way that ride_the_lightning can?
Hi @RedDragon

I have exactly the same situation as you do - it does not show the charge times I have set. This is both on my phone (Android 11) and an older tablet (Android 7) ?

I used to see the charge times - as per @Ride_the_lightning - but this stopped working in December (or thereabouts).

I have the Ford Wallbox charger - which was a big mistake ? as it does not have a built-in charging schedule and app - but relies on the Ford Pass app ....... so I can't even use a charger app to set the times as I could with a third-party charger !!

I have logged this with Ford UK - but they're a long way behind you in the US.

Hopefully it will get fixed one day ............ ?

Hope all is good with you,
David

OP
OP
RedDragon

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@dsuyang - another android Fordpass app bug to add to list. Android users cannot see the preferred charge times for saved charging locations in the Fordpass app, but iOS users seem to have this ability. Thanks

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
@dsuyang - another android Fordpass app bug to add to list. Android users cannot see the preferred charge times for saved charging locations in the Fordpass app, but iOS users seem to have this ability. Thanks
I'll just add that this is a regression. It used to work.

Without seeing the charge times, it's very difficult to know what I'm "saving" when I tap save.

The workaround is to set charge times via SYNC and don't use FordPass.

AlphaGK

First Name
Alpha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
The actual charge window is never displayed

Anyone else have this problem? And if so any solutions?
I run on an iPhone, and just today I can no car and smartphone are no longer syncing charge status.

Who designed these telematics systems? They really seem to be full of failure modes, and the only fix that Ford suggests to fix it is "remove the app and reinstall", but I don't think that works because:

1) I tried it and I still have the problem, and

2) now the app thinks I have to re-register my PAAK, but when I try to add it, it says "key is already registered". These are first-year-programmer mistakes, and I frankly expect a better user experience from an App that is important enough to interface with my car.

WTF, Ford? Why is your software engineering and customer service so disjointed and misinformed?

dsuyang

First Name
Suyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My apologies! Could you post a screenshot please? I will relay the message to the product team. Thank you for bringing this up! @RedDragon

OP
OP
RedDragon

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Please see post #3 above. I posted my screenshot there. Thank you !
Sponsored