Can you use the interactive cruise control at slow traffic speeds
Sponsored

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You need to set the cruise control above 30 but it can adjust itself down to 0 with ACC and IACC if traffic in front of you stops.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You can, but you better have a really good understanding of how the system works and how it responds. I don’t believe Ford recommends it for side streets.

That said, I use it all the time with little issue. Not sure where the 30mph requirement came from, but I set mine to 25 daily.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I dont feel its steering is very good at low speed; but it certainly supports stop and go. However if you are stopped long you have to hit the resume button or blip the throttle to go.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Yes. I do this all the time. It's especially good in stop-and-go traffic.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
You can bump it down to a minimum setting of 15mph. On my Fusion Energi, the lowest was 20 mph.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
You can bump it down to a minimum setting of 15mph. On my Fusion Energi, the lowest was 20 mph.
For some weird reason I'm drawn to your avatar....

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just keep in mind, if the car sees the car in front of it move, then you are going to move. Its also a bit aggressive with acceleration and I personally don't think it "looks" far enough up for traffic. I have had it blast me off serval times to only have it stomp on the brakes 3 seconds later. It does that constantly, it just does not look ahead far enough. I also feel the same can be said about braking. The car waits WAY longer than I would to brake due to stopped or slowed traffic.

Example, you are behind a car coming up to a stop light. Car stops so you stop as well, however the car makes a right hand turn fairly quickly. Next thing you know your car is full accelerating into traffic. If you stop for longer than 3 maybe 5 seconds you do have to push the resume or accelerator to go again. But if someone does a California roll stop and traffic moves again it will resume on its own. For roads that the car sees as freeways it will auto resume no matter how long you are stopped for.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You need to set the cruise control above 30 but it can adjust itself down to 0 with ACC and IACC if traffic in front of you stops.
Nope. The car has a 15 mph minimum setting it will use even if you start at zero. The car then works great in stop and go. I unfortunately was using it this way today.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Just keep in mind, if the car sees the car in front of it move, then you are going to move. Its also a bit aggressive with acceleration and I personally don't think it "looks" far enough up for traffic. I have had it blast me off serval times to only have it stomp on the brakes 3 seconds later.
It is much smoother with following distance set all the way back to 4, at least in Engage Mode.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It is much smoother with following distance set all the way back to 4, at least in Engage Mode.
I have it set to 3, 4 is just too big of a gap for my taste. 3 already invites people to cut in, which is fine, but 4 just opens the flood gates to people cutting in.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
It’s great. Love it. Use it all the time in surface streets for my commute.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
I have it set to 3, 4 is just too big of a gap for my taste. 3 already invites people to cut in, which is fine, but 4 just opens the flood gates to people cutting in.
Anyone in SoCal knows if you leave so much as 1' of space between you and the car in front of you 6 cars will try to move in all day long!

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Can you use the interactive cruise control at slow traffic speeds
Yes, I use it everywhere. If you're below 15mph when you press the set button it will default to 15mph. But it works great in stop and go traffic.

There's one caveat though: In stop and go traffic if the guy in front of you is a jerk and speeds up fast and then hits the breaks hard when he gets close to the guy in front of him the MME will mimic him.
Sponsored