Canada's first to receive their cars?

spazkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE GB Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I got the call today. Came off the truck. Just a few more days and this long wait of 1 year and 67 days from pre-order is almost complete! Build date was Dec. 16th, ship date was Dec. 30th. March 2nd was the ETA delivery. It got to Kansas City Feb. 12th.
Hefty.jpg
Put 400km on the car this weekend. Absolutely love the car. Ford Pass, not so much - but that's ok, it will improve with time.
FYI - I've heard differently from my dealer. My car does qualify for $1,000 rebate and + extra charging - but it's handled after you accept the car. I'll update on this if it gets confimred.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Canada's first to receive their cars? mach e 2
Sponsored

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Picked up the car yesterday! Love the way the car looks and feels! Very happy I upgraded from the carbonized grey to the rapid red first edition. The black interior with red stitching is amazing!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Canada's first to receive their cars? 1E391369-B290-4C8E-AF00-E49943D54C91

I picked up “Wattson” right before heading into work for a night shift Monday night, drove it home in the morning about 50km. Plugged it in, it started charging and I went to bed. Got up this afternoon very excited to play with my new toy and when I got in I saw this...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Canada's first to receive their cars? 6CD74FDD-06A3-4061-8CA8-4EDF04102E0F

followed by the power train failure on my app. My heart just sank. My car was delayed with both QC delays and it still has the LVB issue.
I decided to call my local dealer instead of the one I bought from because logistically it was 30 mins closer and being on nights with the wife on days doesn’t give much chance for vehicle drop offs. My local dealer told me they don’t think they are the best to help as they have not worked on any and suggest I take it back to where I bought it. I found this surprising since they are a certified EV dealership and have sold 2 of their own. So I call my dealership service(who also haven’t fixed any) and they give me the same run around. They tell me to call roadside assistance and have them tow the vehicle to them. I decide to call my sales rep, he dropped everything and got the sales manager to call me. He arranged for my local dealer to do the repair and offered me a rental. So I threw a charger on the LVB and got it up above 13V and the service alarm cleared and I drove it 3km to the local dealer. I told them what was wrong and told them it’s a known issue, there should be info available through Ford to tell them what update is required. They took my info and I asked to speak with the service manager. This guy was a piece of work, I told him I just wanted to introduce myself and let him know more about the issue and what I knew. He sloughed me off basically complaining he trained one service tech a total of 1.5hrs and bought $9k worth of tools that are still in the plastic and he doesn’t think they can help much. I tried explaining what I’ve read here about the solution and he just blank stared at me. So I left. 20 mins later I got a call, “sir, your car is all fixed and ready to pick up! “. I asked what they did, “the tech checked and the alarms are not there, he cleared the low voltage alarm record and believes the dealer you bought the car from drained your battery prepping it for you. It should be fine now”. I immediately said, nope! I need it fixed, clearing the alarm is not a fix, I requested they elevate to Ford engineers for next steps. I then went online here, got the update code 21B01 (can’t remember exactly now). And I called them back and told them to search Oasis for this issue and update and see if it’s the right one. They said ok, and then they closed for the day.
To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I really expected the fact the car was pulled back twice for QC checks and delayed over 6 weeks from delivery they Would have fixed this issue. And the fact that I am positive I know more about this car than both dealerships combined is so frustrating. I really love the look and feel of this car but I have had to breath very slowly all day to keep from blowing a gasket and losing my mind on someone. I have faith this will work out and will get fixed, but if Ford is going to sell these cars, they need to hold their dealers to a higher standard of training and support. If the Service manager is complaining about the tool cost and only sent 1 tech for a whopping 1.5hrs of training. There is almost no buy in to be of any help for these cars. Does anyone have a recommended email or phone number I could follow up on my experience with someone at Ford who may actually do something about these dealers?

saurez7777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Red
Country flag
Picked up the car yesterday! Love the way the car looks and feels! Very happy I upgraded from the carbonized grey to the rapid red first edition. The black interior with red stitching is amazing!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Canada's first to receive their cars? 6CD74FDD-06A3-4061-8CA8-4EDF04102E0F

I picked up “Wattson” right before heading into work for a night shift Monday night, drove it home in the morning about 50km. Plugged it in, it started charging and I went to bed. Got up this afternoon very excited to play with my new toy and when I got in I saw this...

followed by the power train failure on my app. My heart just sank. My car was delayed with both QC delays and it still has the LVB issue.
I decided to call my local dealer instead of the one I bought from because logistically it was 30 mins closer and being on nights with the wife on days doesn’t give much chance for vehicle drop offs. My local dealer told me they don’t think they are the best to help as they have not worked on any and suggest I take it back to where I bought it. I found this surprising since they are a certified EV dealership and have sold 2 of their own. So I call my dealership service(who also haven’t fixed any) and they give me the same run around. They tell me to call roadside assistance and have them tow the vehicle to them. I decide to call my sales rep, he dropped everything and got the sales manager to call me. He arranged for my local dealer to do the repair and offered me a rental. So I threw a charger on the LVB and got it up above 13V and the service alarm cleared and I drove it 3km to the local dealer. I told them what was wrong and told them it’s a known issue, there should be info available through Ford to tell them what update is required. They took my info and I asked to speak with the service manager. This guy was a piece of work, I told him I just wanted to introduce myself and let him know more about the issue and what I knew. He sloughed me off basically complaining he trained one service tech a total of 1.5hrs and bought $9k worth of tools that are still in the plastic and he doesn’t think they can help much. I tried explaining what I’ve read here about the solution and he just blank stared at me. So I left. 20 mins later I got a call, “sir, your car is all fixed and ready to pick up! “. I asked what they did, “the tech checked and the alarms are not there, he cleared the low voltage alarm record and believes the dealer you bought the car from drained your battery prepping it for you. It should be fine now”. I immediately said, nope! I need it fixed, clearing the alarm is not a fix, I requested they elevate to Ford engineers for next steps. I then went online here, got the update code 21B01 (can’t remember exactly now). And I called them back and told them to search Oasis for this issue and update and see if it’s the right one. They said ok, and then they closed for the day.
To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I really expected the fact the car was pulled back twice for QC checks and delayed over 6 weeks from delivery they Would have fixed this issue. And the fact that I am positive I know more about this car than both dealerships combined is so frustrating. I really love the look and feel of this car but I have had to breath very slowly all day to keep from blowing a gasket and losing my mind on someone. I have faith this will work out and will get fixed, but if Ford is going to sell these cars, they need to hold their dealers to a higher standard of training and support. If the Service manager is complaining about the tool cost and only sent 1 tech for a whopping 1.5hrs of training. There is almost no buy in to be of any help for these cars. Does anyone have a recommended email or phone number I could follow up on my experience with someone at Ford who may actually do something about these dealers?
that's very frustrating, where are you from? I am picking up mine on Thursday and hopefully no issues...

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
that's very frustrating, where are you from? I am picking up mine on Thursday and hopefully no issues...
I’m in Ontario, my local dealer is Northway Ford in Brantford and I bought it from Eastgate Ford in Hamilton.

spazkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE GB Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’m in Ontario, my local dealer is Northway Ford in Brantford and I bought it from Eastgate Ford in Hamilton.
Very sorry to hear this. When picking up my car, I told the dealer about all the known issues and the need for updates. They said they cannot release the car without the recalls and updates applied.
Fingers crossed for you. Please keep us updated as this unfolds.

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I picked it back up today from the dealer with them not doing anything to it. They showed me a bulletin for issues with the LVB not charging on level 3 DC chargers and told me that update won’t be available till May. They promised me that the car will not strand me with this issue and next time it happens don’t charge the LVB up to clear the fault and bring it back in. We will see if this happens again. I fully expect it to. Next time I will bring it to the dealer I bought it from though. They seem to have a lot more interest in fixing it.
I have to say the service tech was great to chat with and I think he did everything he was given permission to do from his arse of a boss.
I also happened to let him know his boss threw him under the bus... :)

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I noticed a couple of times closing the door that it stayed open about an eighth of an inch. I wonder if this could drain the 12 volt battery over night. I have not had any problems with my 12 volt battery. I make sure the car is on when playing with it and make sure the doors are closed tight.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
I’m so sorry for you, I’d lose my mind.
It’s my great fear all along.
It’s damn tough waiting this long and all the added delays.
But I would accept it if they at least fix these known issues before delivery. Why else would it take so many weeks?

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m so sorry for you, I’d lose my mind.
It’s my great fear all along.
It’s damn tough waiting this long and all the added delays.
But I would accept it if they at least fix these known issues before delivery. Why else would it take so many weeks?
I agree, the delay is understandable if you get a car with none of the issues that have already been found by those ahead of you. I think that’s why I’m so upset. Ford is aware of the LVB issue, people have been having it for more than a month before I got my car delivered. It should have flagged all outstanding deliveries to get evaluated and fixed before. My car was delayed for both QC delays so they fixed other stuff. If this LVB issue didn’t warrant a repair while recalled I can’t imagine what the issues where that did.

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can’t remember exactly and the tracker isn’t finding it right now. I think it was Dec 16th. Ship date was Jan 7th and arrived at dealer March 13th, picked up March 15th.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I can’t remember exactly and the tracker isn’t finding it right now. I think it was Dec 16th. Ship date was Jan 7th and arrived at dealer March 13th, picked up March 15th.
Tracker is having a bad day today.

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So a bit of an update, I am still having the service soon fault and power train drive fault but only when I start the car while it’s plugged in and charging in the garage. I first get the unplug to drive fault, then service soon, then the app sends me a drive train error fault.
It has not faulted at any other time. And if I shutdown , unplug and and start up, I don’t have the fault anymore.
Maybe it’s just poor alarm coding that is being tripped by starting it while plugged in.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
So a bit of an update, I am still having the service soon fault and power train drive fault but only when I start the car while it’s plugged in and charging in the garage. I first get the unplug to drive fault, then service soon, then the app sends me a drive train error fault.
It has not faulted at any other time. And if I shutdown , unplug and and start up, I don’t have the fault anymore.
Maybe it’s just poor alarm coding that is being tripped by starting it while plugged in.
Unless they dont want you to start the xar while plugged in? Ill have to reread the manual. There were so many wsrnings i stsrted ignoring them but i dont remember most of what was written.
Sponsored