Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@Leonard Rae @ClaudeMach-E @CP-Mach-E @OttawaGuy @Pacecar @kdryden99 @saurez7777 @bullshark @Shayne @charles @Tremor38 @tremblay.nicolas @slvrsi @Beege @mr_raider @Thor188 @PeeCee @Mike16 @Metv707 @Gilles @SolarAB @Hi_Im_Mike @Wildthing @Baker @ncmagus

Let's use this thread to follow up who & when!!

@SebastienMachE : due for Feb 14th, in Quebec City. Inline with the 52 days of ETA (Shipping Dec 30)

@PeeCee : is due for January 29th for now.. but with the Quebec Lockdown that is continuing till February 8th.. dunno when I will be able to get it :\

@Shayne : My tracker says "etaEndDate":"2021-01-14" but my dealer said when he checked it last it was in storage sitting in the lot.

@Tremor38 : Mine is expected Jan 28th... but who knows.
According to my VIN tracker, I'm in line for a delivery date of March 16 here on Vancouver Island.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SebastienMachE

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
According to my VIN tracker, I'm in line for a delivery date of March 16 here on Vancouver Island.
Mine as slipped 3-4 times already... Now March 6th.

spazkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE GB Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I'm March 2nd (bumped forward from March 30th)!
I'm a little nervous about no Lease or Ford Option details being confirmed for Canada. Makes my FE a pretty hefty expense... especially with how little driving we're doing these days. Ford really should introduce something so they don't turn away a lot of interested buyers. I'm not a big fan of the how the Tesla's look, but I could lease two M3's for the price of financing the one Mach E.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
What do you mean no lease option for Canada. It's right there on the configurator at Ford.ca. 3.49% for lease; and then you can enter km allocation, 2, 3 or 4 years, trade-in, cash down, etc. It's all there.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Canada's first to receive their cars? Capture d’écran 2021-02-08 192014

Last edited:

aamyotte

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
What do you mean no lease option for Canada. It's right there on the configurator at Ford.ca. 3.49% for lease; and then you can enter km allocation, 2, 3 or 4 years, trade-in, cash down, etc. It's all there.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Canada's first to receive their cars? Capture d’écran 2021-02-08 192014
What province are you using as the postal code. My postal code in Ontario does not have a lease option.

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Same, in Ontario it shows no lease option

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Well that's funny there is leasing available in Québec

Btw my build date will be March 22.... I'm happy it will come in after winter is over

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
The side mirrors are a touch small for my preference

On the side mirrors... Surprised Ford didn't go with their usual regular mirror and wide angle insert..... Unless it's because I didn't see a pic of the actual side mirrors

OP
OP
SebastienMachE

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
There's no need for Ford option in Canada. This is intended for US people who wants a lease but also wants the $7,500 US federal tax cut, cause without the Ford option they can get a regular lease but then the car owner is Ford Credit so the buyer don't get that $7,500 tax credit. Has far has buying or leasing I'm still not sure yet, the only thing I'm sure off is that I would like to keep this car for 8 to 10 years. So buying seems obvious but has we know technology will make the battery range and the price of EV's more affordable in 4 to 5 years, some even says at par with ICE. So in my situation it's a hard decision based on my age. But definitely if I would be younger a lease would be my choice for the tech reason and also for the fact that we don't know yet how reliable will be the Mach E. Also the value of the MME on the used cars market is an unknown for now so at least with a lease you have a certain protection and guaranteed price value at which you can buy back the car if you wish. So this is an all personnal decision depending's on each one situations at this momnent and in 4 years projection from now.
Would like a quick crash course of lease vs. purchase for my personnal case?
- I plan to keep the car 4 years
- Max 15000km / year
- I can put 40-50k$ in cashdown on the new car

What would be best for me?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
- Max 15000km / year

Buy with that amount of cash but...... Otherwise keep your money make good investment and put only let's say $5,000 cash + $8,000 incentive from Quebec gov, so you will end up with an affordable monthly payment and lease for 4 years/16,000 km. And for that short time lease don't spent money on PPF or Ceramic coating, useless.

Gilles

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Volt with Mach-e on order
Country flag
What province are you using as the postal code. My postal code in Ontario does not have a lease option.
I am in Ontario and it shows financing for my postal code (M4P 1Z8).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Canada's first to receive their cars? 1612876915873

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
- Max 15000km / year

So the lease and finance for this car are roughly the same price.
Now since the lease and finance are almost same price and you have that much cash on hand you can finance and then trade it in anytime, or lease it and give it back after 4 years. Whether you buy or lease the remaining amount on the car will be almost the same. If i had that much cash on hand I would probably just buy it but I would put the strict minimum down on the car. So if you finance, the 8k$ plus a small down payment will be enough to cover the taxes. Also after 4 years if the car held its value, you can make a small profit whereas if you lease it, you dont get any trade in value. I wouldn't bother with xpel or ceramic in either case.
Normally you would be better off leasing but the lease on this car is not that much cheaper compared to other cars where the lease is 100-200$ cheaper.

spazkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE GB Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My car is finally on the move! Palsapp suggest it's now on it's way to Richards Gebaur.
Soon! Now if we can get the leasing figured out for Ontario, I'm all set!
Sponsored