kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Thanks Bill; my shipped after yours (on 12-30) so we may know two Canadian shipments have been sent out. Mine was produced and shipped just a few days after yours.

@kdryden99 you did not update the spreadsheet (#230) when was yours shipped?

Hope 12-30 is not the load they grabbed for additional QC checks. Good to see an earlier build come through; may mean no major problems with the ones produced and shipped after yours?
My dealer had no info for me the last time I spoke to him which was 2 weeks ago, not even the serial number but I don't know if he was checking in the right place. I haven't had a chance to really talk to him as of late so I might give him a call later on today. I reserved june but it was his first resa so im not sure where I really stand on the priority list.
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
EVs don't feel fast because of the constant acceleration. Your body responds more to "jerk" which is the rate of change of acceleration.

Nevertheless, the numbers don't lie.

It's still a sub 6 second car.
G force is defined by acceleration and that you will feel. Kyle spilt his buddies slurpy in a 4x FE as he toke him by surprise. The mach-e4x is a bit peppier then the mach-e but not important to all or we would be waiting for the GT.

Them being quick (peppier) will not hurt adoption. Lack of maintenance was a big one for me. Oh and not burning gas. Also wanted something that may turn on others (a gr8 girl friend ;)).

I may have miss calculated and the RWD on all seasons may be prefect for winter. I equated it to a truck, which has a light rear end, but ev's weight is evenly distributed and they are heavy. The MME is a totally new vehicle and not yet fully documented. For me it was a no brainer for traction but again maybe a miss calculation. Bill will need to fill us in on how it handles in the snow. Pretty sure, however, I will not be changing my order.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer had no info for me the last time I spoke to him which was 2 weeks ago, not even the serial number but I don't know if he was checking in the right place. I haven't had a chance to really talk to him as of late so I might give him a call later on today. I reserved june but it was his first resa so im not sure where I really stand on the priority list.
No vin from him yet. So yours has not reached production to date or is he holding back. I requested mine, straight out, that I would appreciate the VIN as soon as he gets it and he provided it as soon as he had one. Got a vin, got a vin :D?

I am the only reservation up here. He told be when I signed the agreement I would be the only one interested for the next 5 years ? then when it got closer he told me he could have sold 5 of them this years but can't get them ?. Good to hear other may be interested in the #1 NA utility vehicle of 2021.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No vin from him yet. So yours has not reached production to date or is he holding back. I requested mine, straight out, that I would appreciate the VIN as soon as he gets it and he provided it as soon as he had one. Got a vin, got a vin :D?

I am the only reservation up here. He told be when I signed the agreement I would be the only one interested for the next 5 years ? then when it got closer he told me he could have sold 5 of them this years but can't get them ?. Good to hear other may be interested in the #1 NA utility vehicle of 2021.
I just called the office and there is a notification on the phone that the sales dept. is working from home so it's a possibility that they wouldn't be able to give me the car. I have to email the sales guy

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just received a reply from the salesman:

Pour l’instant on reçoit des First Édition.

Concernant le rabais de 8000$ Ford à négocier avec le gouvernement pour avoir se rabais concernant toute les commandes avant le 14 janvier 2021.

A suivre mais normalement vous devriez avoir droit.

Translation

Right now we are receiving the First Editions

As for the 8000$ Ford negotiated with the government to have the rebate for all orders made before January 14, 2021, so noramlly you qualify

That explains why some people are getting theirs already since they are First Editions :D

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just called the office and there is a notification on the phone that the sales dept. is working from home so it's a possibility that they wouldn't be able to give me the car. I have to email the sales guy
They can log in and I bet have access to the dealer/ford network from home such that they can see what is going on for you. Ask him if he can see your VIN number yet; get his work cell number :p. There may be a skeleton staff at your dealers just for service and vehicle distribution and your dealer is one of those chosen to work from home. They will pass on your car to you; they want your money.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They can log in and I bet have access to the dealer/ford network from home such that they can see what is going on for you. Ask him if he can see your VIN number yet; get his work cell number :p. There may be a skeleton staff at your dealers just for service and vehicle distribution and your dealer is one of those chosen to work from home. They will pass on your car to you; they want your money.
Actually right now we're in lockdown all office workers are forced to work from home. In any case it may be that the only ones that arrived in Canada are FE's. Looks like I'll just have to wait. At this rate March April would be best anyways oh well

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Actually right now we're in lockdown all office workers are forced to work from home. In any case it may be that the only ones that arrived in Canada are FE's. Looks like I'll just have to wait. At this rate March April would be best anyways oh well
I know sales is at home but service and deliveries would most likely be essential. Sales can and is working from home through phone, email and connected to their network. Not sure how new and used test drives are being carried out. All is on their web site and email and phone inquires are most likely still happening. I do not need a test drive, I just need to pay for it and drive it away.

Metv707

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
FE, Select and Premium editions have been delivered to their new owners here in the province of Quebec.

CP-Mach-E

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Murano, 21 F150 PB Plat, 21 Mach-E PESR
Country flag
EVs don't feel fast because of the constant acceleration. Your body responds more to "jerk" which is the rate of change of acceleration.

Nevertheless, the numbers don't lie.

It's still a sub 6 second car.
I should give some context to my comment about not being blown away.

I used to ride a sport bike with 0-60 times in the 3.5 second range, and I've been in plenty of other vehicles with significant acceleration, so anything less than a Mach-E GT was doomed to be underwhelming for me.

Maybe after I win the lottery I can trade my SR RWD for a GT Performance. ;)

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I should give some context to my comment about not being blown away.

I used to ride a sport bike with 0-60 times in the 3.5 second range, and I've been in plenty of other vehicles with significant acceleration, so anything less than a Mach-E GT was doomed to be underwhelming for me.

Maybe after I win the lottery I can trade my SR RWD for a GT Performance. ;)
Still want to hear how RWD does in the snow. ;)

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
That's not going to help in their discussions with Ford to bring a plant there -- unless they are using this as leverage in those negotiations.
When has Ford expressed interest in a plant in Quebec? Beyond that - Ford hasn't even opened a new plant in North America in like 20 years.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
This is a sad news for many!

Ford had played the cards right but the government decided to block their move.... sucks!

Makes me even more happy to have ordered a RWD SR.... makes the "savings" even more than just the 7000$ battery option...
On the one hand, I get it completely - above $60k if you're buying the car, you don't really need anyone's help. But it does muddy the waters for those shopping for models that have trim levels on either side of the line.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Still want to hear how RWD does in the snow. ;)
Can't wait to try it out also....

But I'm confident.. With a 50-50 weight distribution (or close to) and the overall weight of the car... It will perform good of equiped of good winter tires and the traction control