kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
looks like there may be two of them! 👍 at this rate we'll have full coverage before the sun burns out. 😎

Ford Mustang Mach-E Canadian Magic Docks Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 10.50.58 AM

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I'd probably prefer they pick something a little less out of the way than Northern Ontario, but hey at least they are adding more.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
That region is a relative charging desert, so the Deep River superchargers are an excellent choice to allow more coverage between Ottawa and Sudbury.

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
I'd be happy if they had them along travel corridors where CCS coverage is weak, almost non existent, or with a good chance of failing, but Supercharger coverage is more than adequate. I can think of a few sites in BC alone.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
These two Canadian locations are right around my stomping ground and would be useful as charging is limited in the north bay to Ottawa run. Had an account with them and installed the app but see no way to get to the charging map or charge a non-tesla from the app. I get a front page with demo, buy, shop for a tesla and my profile only has add a car (tesla), payment info etc. Guessing the app is not ready for Magic Dock in Canada yet or am I missing something? Do you need to be standing beside a charger to get a screen to charge a non-tesla or is the app just not prime time yet?

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
These two Canadian locations are right around my stomping ground and would be useful as charging is limited in the north bay to Ottawa run. Had an account with them and installed the app but see no way to get to the charging map or charge a non-tesla from the app. I get a front page with demo, buy, shop for a tesla and my profile only has add a car (tesla), payment info etc. Guessing the app is not ready for Magic Dock in Canada yet or am I missing something? Do you need to be standing beside a charger to get a screen to charge a non-tesla or is the app just not prime time yet?
According to the article there is nothing on Tesla’s app or web site denoting that the site has a Magic Dock (yet). The article said they were able to charge a CCS car, but I don’t remember the details about how they did it. 🤷‍♂️🐩

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
There should be a "Charge your non-Tesla" In the Tesla app. However, on mine, it does not appear to show these chargers as available yet. I may be able to check on at least one of them tomorrow night, though.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
According to the article there is nothing on Tesla’s app or web site denoting that the site has a Magic Dock (yet). The article said they were able to charge a CCS car, but I don’t remember the details about how they did it. 🤷‍♂️🐩
I do not even see the ones in New York on the app. I just see buy a tesla with no map or charge a non-tesla.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Do you have a tesla?
Nope. MME CR1. Currently visiting the French River, but am heading back home this weekend, so I should be passing both on the way to our hotel for the night. However, I am not sure on our schedule, due to boat trouble. Wondering how long until we can afford everything we need to go electric boat now... 😁
Ford Mustang Mach-E Canadian Magic Docks Screenshot_20230825-203513

I see the NY ones but nothing in Canada. And now you can see roughly where I am. 😊

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nope. MME CR1. Currently visiting the French River, but am heading back home this weekend, so I should be passing both on the way to our hotel for the night. However, I am not sure on our schedule, due to boat trouble. Wondering how long until we can afford everything we need to go electric boat now... 😁
Screenshot_20230825-203513.png

I see the NY ones but nothing in Canada. And now you can see roughly where I am. 😊
Pickerel biting?

I open the app this comes up
Ford Mustang Mach-E Canadian Magic Docks IMG_4214

My profile says
Ford Mustang Mach-E Canadian Magic Docks IMG_4213

I have no idea how you get that map? Maybe a Canadian thing?

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Pickerel biting?

I open the app this comes up

My profile says

I have no idea how you get that map? Maybe a Canadian thing?
Probably, but I am terrible at fishing (I don't think the fishing gods like me), so mostly hanging out at the cottage, playing games, hiking, and a couple trips to Sudbury to take the kids to Science North and Dynamic Earth, since we hadn't been there since pre-pandemic. Lazy week, but a much needed one.
I wonder if the app looks different for US vs Canada for some stupid reason? I have the Tesla app due to powerwalls at home.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Canadian Magic Docks Screenshot_20230825-205529

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Probably, but I am terrible at fishing (I don't think the fishing gods like me), so mostly hanging out at the cottage, playing games, hiking, and a couple trips to Sudbury to take the kids to Science North and Dynamic Earth, since we hadn't been there since pre-pandemic. Lazy week, but a much needed one.
I wonder if the app looks different for US vs Canada for some stupid reason? I have the Tesla app due to powerwalls at home.
Screenshot_20230825-205529.png
White jigs and worms is what works on Nipissing.

What my profile is missing is all those graphics up top.

Edit: I think you have to have a product to initate? As I have no tesla products it does not initiate and hence no graphics? Should be one "charge your non-tesla" but no.

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Seems simple here Non-tesla but nope that does not work. Wondering if anyone in the states has set up the app who does not own any Tesla products and the charge your non-tesla graphics has shown up in the app? Appears here if you want to charge a non-tesla you need to buy something.
Sponsored