Canadians -- interest in group purchase of charge port dent protector?

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I started looking into the option to get a charge port dent protector ahead of the arrival of my own Mach-E, and found that the shipping of a JawsTec-manufactured part from the US to CA is unreasonably expensive ($20 for the part and $35 for the shipping?!).

This is the part identified on thread: Charge Port Cover Dent Prevention – 3D Printed DIY Solution
(also mentioned on: MachE Owners... what are the must have accessories?)

It seems that we can simply find a local/Canadian 3D printing service and produce a number of these after an initial setup/mocking fee. Would any Canadians be interested in a group purchase? Depending on how many we eventually produce, I would guess that we can reduce the cost of each unit including shipping across Canada to less than $20 CAD (guestimate).

This is simply a gauge of interest. Pile on if you think you'd be up for participating. I don't mind doing the organization and shipping work. I'm not looking to make money, but hope to just come out break-even.

Credit to @AEtherScythe for designing this part! Many thanks for helping save us from the heartache of denting our fenders from a silly design miss.
Sponsored

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Hi John, I could be in.

MUSTGLFR

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.efficient2Sustainable.ca
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
EHS consultant
Country flag
I started looking into the option to get a charge port dent protector ahead of the arrival of my own Mach-E, and found that the shipping of a JawsTec-manufactured part from the US to CA is unreasonably expensive ($20 for the part and $35 for the shipping?!).

This is the part identified on thread: Charge Port Cover Dent Prevention – 3D Printed DIY Solution
(also mentioned on: MachE Owners... what are the must have accessories?)

It seems that we can simply find a local/Canadian 3D printing service and produce a number of these after an initial setup/mocking fee. Would any Canadians be interested in a group purchase? Depending on how many we eventually produce, I would guess that we can reduce the cost of each unit including shipping across Canada to less than $20 CAD (guestimate).

This is simply a gauge of interest. Pile on if you think you'd be up for participating. I don't mind doing the organization and shipping work. I'm not looking to make money, but hope to just come out break-even.

Credit to @AEtherScythe for designing this part! Many thanks for helping save us from the heartache of denting our fenders from a silly design miss.
Geez. Just ordered mine 2 days ago...

OP
OP
UsernameChecksOut

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Unfortunately, this thread doesn't seem to have generated much interest. Just one beside myself. :(

I don't have my vehicle yet although the build date is coming up soon so I hear. Will still be looking into local 3D print services to get this part.
Sponsored