Cancel recent order for 2022 until later in year to get 2023?

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE (sold after 2mo - suspension sucks!)
Country flag

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
I don't know about the roof but, here are my 2 cents for converting to 2023 MY(model year)
- You may not be eligible for tax credit
- Assuming you are trading in - you will not get best price(like now) for your trade-in in 2023(but you will still pay the sticker price in 2023)
- So far, I did not heard anything in any forums that there are any material changes for MY 2023 (but take this with a big grain of salt)

best of luck

Pidg133

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select Rapid red & ordered 2022 GT Ice Blue
Country flag
Depending on the model you order it cool l could be a significantly lower wait time. I ordered (base select) November 22 and am (currently) scheduled for Feb 14 build date. Which is about half of the estimated 24. On the other hand I have a co-worker that placed an order in August of last year (premium) and still hasn't received a build date yet.

Matt Bagne

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio, Ford Bronco on order
Country flag
I just ordered a 2022 Mach-E on Jan. 20th. Now I have a 28 week wait. Should I cancel and reorder in July or so in hopes of having order changed to a 2023 model by the time of delivery? Also, I ordered a black on black color scheme, and hear the roof lets in a lot of light which heats up the car. Should I change the interior color? Finally, has anyone else ordered the Absolute Black? I haven’t seen too many pictures nor comments on the Mach-E in Absolute Black.
Change the interior color?? I ordered a GT and only saw Black Onyx as a choice for the interior . . . do other trim levels offer different colors? I generally avoid black interiors but thought that was my only choice here . . .

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Change the interior color?? I ordered a GT and only saw Black Onyx as a choice for the interior . . . do other trim levels offer different colors? I generally avoid black interiors but thought that was my only choice here . . .
You can get light gray as a no cost alternative for the interior on the Premium trim.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cancel recent order for 2022 until later in year to get 2023? 1643087395917

reicaden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt 2013
Depending on the model you order it cool l could be a significantly lower wait time. I ordered (base select) November 22 and am (currently) scheduled for Feb 14 build date. Which is about half of the estimated 24. On the other hand I have a co-worker that placed an order in August of last year (premium) and still hasn't received a build date yet.
Im curious but... why did you go with the select base? I've been back and forth on this (base select vs premium) for months. I have a premium ordered, but have been second guessing myself for weeks. Not to hijack the thread, but why base select instead of premium? Thanks!

Pidg133

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select Rapid red & ordered 2022 GT Ice Blue
Country flag
Im curious but... why did you go with the select base? I've been back and forth on this (base select vs premium) for months. I have a premium ordered, but have been second guessing myself for weeks. Not to hijack the thread, but why base select instead of premium? Thanks!
We are planning to strictly use it as a commuter vehicle since I live in CA and my truck burns money faster than my wife ?.

We were looking to get the least expensive option really and were initially considering getting the blue cruise but decided it wasn't really worth it. Plus I thought getting the base select would be the quickest one to get built (which seems to be the case).

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
You could probably find a select off a lot and have it now or right away when 22s start hitting lots. Anyone who says the tax credit isn’t a factor can just go ahead and send me the $7500 when they get it. That’s the biggest factor. Stick with the 2022 with the current pricing and tax credit.

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm at 23 weeks and still no production date. you don't need to cancel at this rate they will roll you over to 2023. BUT, as Ford says don't worry you won't lose your place in the never ending line of buyers. Seems that Premium AWD with EXD range is the trifecta of doom

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
I went with the Select with comfort/tech package because I didn't want to spend $2000 more for 19" wheels, glass roof, B&O audio, and projector headlamps. For some people it's worth it.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ditto on second guessing! This is all about delayed gratification to the point where I have been all over the map from canceling to waiting for 2023 (which may be my case anyway based on a march order date). Ordered select (only choice was select or GT), AWD, and could only choose standard range. Already have range anxiety. Would have ordered premium ER if I had the choice. 99% of the time the range will not be a problem day to day. But those longer drives will irk me. Forever. Is it worth $15-20k over msrp to get one from the dealer now but likely no AWD? Choices. Future, wish all were standard AWD and pano roof… imo

MME2022PX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium Extended Range
I just ordered a 2022 Mach-E on Jan. 20th. Now I have a 28 week wait. Should I cancel and reorder in July or so in hopes of having order changed to a 2023 model by the time of delivery? Also, I ordered a black on black color scheme, and hear the roof lets in a lot of light which heats up the car. Should I change the interior color? Finally, has anyone else ordered the Absolute Black? I haven’t seen too many pictures nor comments on the Mach-E in Absolute Black.
I got all my windows and roof ceramic tinted. The roof did not let in a lot of heat but i wanted it darker and add more sun protection for my kid in the back seat. After the tint, i feel is much more comfortable inside the car...personally i think black on the car looks the worst as you don't get the coupe visual that the other paints show off with the contrast to the black roof line. Just my opinion though.
Sponsored