canceled order - scheduled for production... weird!

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
c8, Red '21 FE Mach E (traded), '23 Red GT
Country flag
So I had this drama with the dealer I ordered the Mach E with (I ordered standard on 7/1 ,and immediately regretted, and wanted to switch to premium, they didn't know how to do it, and asked me to wait, and gave me the runaround for months), and I finally canceled on 10/1. I even got the 500$ refunded to me on my CC. Guess what I got in my email this morning. Ford has scheduled your Mach-E to be built on 1/4/21, and it's the standard. I had wanted to put in another order after I got the original canceled (and do it at another dealership), but didn't have the time (or the motivation after all the shenanigans) ... so question is - what should I do now? I bet someone at the dealership will call me in Jan/Feb next year to say "hey your car is ready".... how broken is this system?
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Personally my thoughts are this. It's a 50k dollar car. You should get what you want. You've got your deposit back so there's zero vested interest in the one that's being built. Let the dealer eat that mistake. Order a Premium from your preferred dealer. If you "settle" for the standard, you'll always look towards the car it could have been

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Personally my thoughts are this. It's a 50k dollar car. You should get what you want. You've got your deposit back so there's zero vested interest in the one that's being built. Let the dealer eat that mistake. Order a Premium from your preferred dealer. If you "settle" for the standard, you'll always look towards the car it could have been
My feelings about all of this is that all of these errors including this Mach Drop things are accumulating, and in the meantime people waiting for their only car build date have nothing, has error orders are being build for who ?

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My feelings about all of this is that all of these errors including this Mach Drop things are accumulating, and in the meantime people waiting for their only car build date have nothing, has error orders are being build for who ?
my tin foil hat now is that these dealerships are keeping the canceled or errored orders alive, so that they get the cars in, and then do a ADM markup on them for all those that can't get the cars delivered in time... look at the C8s!!

Deleted member 367

my tin foil hat now is that these dealerships are keeping the canceled or errored orders alive, so that they get the cars in, and then do a ADM markup on them for all those that can't get the cars delivered in time... look at the C8s!!
Yes, that sounds about right to me. Car dealerships have never been know as bastions of honesty.
CA Grant

spazkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE GB Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yes, that sounds about right to me. Car dealerships have never been know as bastions of honesty.
CA Grant
There was a moment where I had cold feet on my FE and called the dealer to cancel. He did everything he could to convince me to keep the order and to make my decision at a later date. I'm glad I followed his advice, as I'm now all in on the order. That said, with your statements, I wonder what motivated his original intentions. ;)

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I would think the same as well, but have also seen other folks claim their dealerships reaching out to confirm all details because they were under the impression Ford would not take kindly to Mach-E's being sold to someone other than the reservation/order holder.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
CA Grant
And hopefully the ones trying to be sleazy will get their due from Ford.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I thought I read somewhere on the forum that once the reservation was converted to an order, even if the order is later cancelled, the car is still slotted to go to that dealer.

Anyone else remember this?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I thought I read somewhere on the forum that once the reservation was converted to an order, even if the order is later cancelled, the car is still slotted to go to that dealer.

Anyone else remember this?
Yes, but in my brain, this piece of information is tagged with "Speculative." ;)

RobertP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
We took over a MME from a cancelled order, but the order updates are still going to the original reserver's email that also has the reservation number (we were on the waiting list and there were aboutn10% order cancellations when it became clear the car would not be delivered in 2020). The dealer can't see the customer assigned number, which is a random number. They can only see the actual ordernumber from that car, made by Ford and the new customer name. That reservation number can't be transferred to the new customer by the dealer appearantly, even though the reservation fee has been paid back. So I guess someone that made the reservation first might receive emails that their MME is coming soon.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
We took over a MME from a cancelled order, but the order updates are still going to the original reserver's email that also has the reservation number (we were on the waiting list and there were aboutn10% order cancellations when it became clear the car would not be delivered in 2020). The dealer can't see the customer assigned number, which is a random number. They can only see the actual ordernumber from that car, made by Ford and the new customer name. That reservation number can't be transferred to the new customer by the dealer appearantly, even though the reservation fee has been paid back. So I guess someone that made the reservation first might receive emails that their MME is coming soon.
I thought reservations were non-transferable.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
So I had this drama with the dealer I ordered the Mach E with (I ordered standard on 7/1 ,and immediately regretted, and wanted to switch to premium, they didn't know how to do it, and asked me to wait, and gave me the runaround for months), and I finally canceled on 10/1. I even got the 500$ refunded to me on my CC. Guess what I got in my email this morning. Ford has scheduled your Mach-E to be built on 1/4/21, and it's the standard. I had wanted to put in another order after I got the original canceled (and do it at another dealership), but didn't have the time (or the motivation after all the shenanigans) ... so question is - what should I do now? I bet someone at the dealership will call me in Jan/Feb next year to say "hey your car is ready".... how broken is this system?
You have no obligation to buy the vehicle - even if you hadn't canceled - you could even show up and test drive it and still reject it. My dealership made that clear to me - that I could reject it once it arrives and I would get my $500 back... I am thinking they kept your car coming so they would have one they can sell to a walk-on and mark it up... I asked about that specifically just in case it turned out like a Tesla 3 with terrible paint and gaps...

HRKBRD71

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat 2013
Country flag
Couldn't agree more. Finally order my 2nd Mach-E. Originally order a CA1, but since the embargo lifted - I've been wanting a Premium. Just placed my order and couldn't be more EXCITED! Already spoke to my sales rep and he's on top of it.

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag