Cancelled my order - got an e-tron

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
I had quite an early reservation number and converted my reservation to order on pretty much day 1 when it came possible. I was very excited of the MEE until I saw the built-date estimate end Feb. took a test drive with an audi and bought it two days later.

still going to take the MEE for a test drive, whenever that is possible, but I figured for less money (used, CPO) I can get more features, more space, more premium feel, and hopefully a more finished product (time will tell). Only downside is lower range, less acceleration, dealer-performed software updates.

any other soul mates here?
Sponsored

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I had quite an early reservation number and converted my reservation to order on pretty much day 1 when it came possible. I was very excited of the MEE until I saw the built-date estimate end Feb. took a test drive with an audi and bought it two days later.

still going to take the MEE for a test drive, whenever that is possible, but I figured for less money (used, CPO) I can get more features, more space, more premium feel, and hopefully a more finished product (time will tell). Only downside is lower range, less acceleration, dealer-performed software updates.

Congrats. If the MME hadn't been announced, I was seriously considering the e-Tron as well.

That said,

Only downside is lower range, less acceleration, dealer-performed software updates.
These were exactly some of the reasons putting me off of getting the e-tron. that and the size (I live in an dense city)..

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

Congrats on your choice. I was strongly thinking about a Jaguar E-Pace as an alternative, but right now, I'm sticking with the MME.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Totally understand your perspective.

For now sticking with MME but also have an order in for ID4 FE which is not likely to come in before my MME but will see what happens.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

Another ev on the road is a good thing.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

what model did you get? can I ask what price it was not counting sales tax. Wonder how much they do cost right now. Any rebates?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Keep us posted.
I watched @OutofSpecKyle ‘s videos with the ETron, and what it lacks in range it seems to make up a bit with that charging curve. Those massaging seats looked pretty nice too.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Great for you going EV. I test drove the first one that arrived at our Audi dealer about 2 years ago. The salesman had just had a 1 week training class and gave me a 30 minute presentation on settings and readings on the various displays before I could start the test drive! During my drive, I was not impressed with exactly your points: lower range, less acceleration (drove like a tank). Very nice finish and luxurious interior. Enjoy learning all the various settings, menus, and sub-menus!

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I see e-trons fairly regularly in Seattle. They're more station wagony than SUV and bigger than you'd think. Definitely seems plush inside based on written/online reviews. @OutofSpecKyle's and Bjorn's road trip vids are probably the best around at illustrating the etron's monster charging ability but the flip side is the Audi's short legs keeps the car hobbled.

Supposedly, the MME's charge rate of 52-61 miles/ten minutes is competitive with the etron's but I'm a bit skeptical until we see insideEVs and Bjorn's tests.

It's nuts to me that you can get a lightly used 2019 Audi e-tron or Jaguar I-PACE for $50k.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I'm pretty happy to wait. With the worldwide pandemic, nothing is happening on the timescales we all have been accustomed to having for so many years.

Good luck with your car.

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag

This was my other top contender along with the Model Y. I test drove a couple. Audi had some insane lease deals a few months ago that made it viable. I actually loved the look and the interior design and space. But - the handling was a little floaty, the acceleration didn't have that expected EV instantaneous response, and in truth it was just a little flashier than I wanted. But, I still dig them a lot and see quite a few around here in Oakland. I just turned in my Q5 lease and am a fan of Audi. But the MME's compact size, longer range, better (I assume) handling, and more progressive interior/software were the deciding factors for me. At any rate, I think you got a sweet ride.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

I actually considered an E-Tron as well. My big sticking point was that it looked too much like a station wagon to me (we had an Oldsmobile station wagon as a kid). I couldn't fathom the idea of paying that much money for a 'luxury' vehicle, only to be driving around in a station wagon. Clearly not everyone thinks like I do though, as I see plenty on the road. The inside looks nice though! Look forward to hearing your updates and what you think of it.
Sponsored