hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium on Order
Country flag
I put the charging station on order in November with a shipping date of December. Shift to January which is now long gone and I have a Mach E showing up next week to my house. I called Ford to cancel and they said I cant cancel my order but can give no shipment dates, no updates, ETC. Has anyone got them to cancel their order? I really need a charger for my car next week and really dont want to buy a second just because Ford cant seem to deliver a product on time. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Even if you canā€™t cancel, you should be able to return it to your dealer for a refund when it eventually ships.

OP
OP

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Even if you canā€™t cancel, you should be able to return it to your dealer for a refund when it eventually ships.
Thanks good copy on that but honestly its pretty sad how they treat Customer's that buy in good faith when they cant deliver.....

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thanks good copy on that but honestly its pretty sad how they treat Customer's that buy in good faith when they cant deliver.....
Yeah, thereā€™s no good reason they shouldnā€™t be able to cancel an order that hasnā€™t shipped yet.

Chrisw

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I sent an email to the dealer's parts manager listed on the ford parts site gave them my order number and they canceled it no problem

OP
OP

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I sent an email to the dealer's parts manager listed on the ford parts site gave them my order number and they canceled it no problem
Thanks Chris -- I shot the dealer a note vs. calling Ford Parts and we will see how it goes. What charger did you go with?

OP
OP

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Chris.. That was a great call.. Dealer canceled it in about 2 minutes with a single email! Thanks again!

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer didnā€™t know how to order one so they told me to call a company named Webasco. Is that where you ordered? They said theyā€™d call me when they had some in stock.

They never called so I have a ChargePoint Home Flex. A friend involved in EV development for a certain other auto manufacturer recommended it.

Chrisw

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yes, they canceled mine quick too. I was disappointed because I found a dealer selling it in October for $639 plus the $20 off your first order. I ended up going with the ChargePoint Flex. I don't have my car yet put I installed the charger and it was an easy install and seems like it will be a good charger.

OP
OP

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How do you all like your ChargePoint chargers? I will drop an order for one on amazon here shortly.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How do you all like your ChargePoint chargers? I will drop an order for one on amazon here shortly.
Havenā€™t used mine yet. No car.

The guy who recommended it to me really knows his stuff though. His recommendation was enough for me.

He said it would work best hardwired to a 240v circuit with at least 80a.
Sponsored