Can't deal with the bouncy ride anymore after two weeks with the Mach-E. What do I do?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's a perfectly acceptable topic. One man's firm is another man's squishy though, so it's a topic that can be difficult to parse.
Thus why we're parsing it here through our various descriptions and experiences. Yes, that can take quite a few words.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Thus why we're parsing it here through our various descriptions and experiences. Yes, that can take quite a few words.
Part of the aggravation for me is that:
a) I wanted to see if the OP's responses were from the dealer (official channels)
b) The posts started getting awfully repetitive.
c) They started talking about harshness of ride. OP was talking about a floaty boat. So it wasn't addressing the original topic.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The bounce felt like the front struts were frozen. Or bottomed out.

Yes, it should better as they brake in.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
I have almost 1800 miles and I barely have bounce anymore. I remember the first week I got my mme it was really noticeable. The temperature is hotter too. I have been on some bad road that made suspension work a lot too.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
a) I wanted to see if the OP's responses were from the dealer (official channels)
c) They started talking about harshness of ride. OP was talking about a floaty boat. So it wasn't addressing the original topic.
You get aggravated too easily. Take some slow, deep breaths...and stop trolling.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
So this week there was a stretch of road (westbound 69) where I experienced what was described in this thread. It wasn't super rough road but you could see all the patch seams at fairly regular intervals and the bumps must have been perfectly spaced to cause this type of bounce in the vehicle. Luckily it was the highway so my fix was to change lanes.

I also experimented with adjusting the speed on the stretch which helped slightly (both higher and lower reduced the bounce) so it seems to be problematic at certain speeds/bump spacing.

jimbobiii

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue ER AWD MME, Model 3
Country flag
So this week there was a stretch of road (westbound 69) where I experienced what was described in this thread. It wasn't super rough road but you could see all the patch seams at fairly regular intervals and the bumps must have been perfectly spaced to cause this type of bounce in the vehicle. Luckily it was the highway so my fix was to change lanes.

I also experimented with adjusting the speed on the stretch which helped slightly (both higher and lower reduced the bounce) so it seems to be problematic at certain speeds/bump spacing.
yeah experienced this last night too on the interchange between the 110south and the 101 north in DTLA.

car only has 80 miles on it so I’ll see if it improves on that stretch as the months go by

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
Picked up my car from the dealer this morning. They had it for a week to replace the windshield. They had one of my spare fobs so when I drove away, the seating position was set pretty high and I started to notice more oscillation in the suspension compared to before.

At first I figured it was just because I had gotten used to the loaner Edge that I was driving but eventually I figured out it was because I was sitting too high. I went back to my original settings and the oscillating feeling went away.

Perhaps with such a low center of gravity and a very high seating position might amplify the bouncy ride syndrome that some are experiencing?

If you are able to try a much lower seating position then that might help?

Just throwing out ideas.....
Nope, my seat is at the lowest setting and still having the issue. It almost "gallops" over bumps (back and forth motion) like others have mentioned. On a curve I was holding traction well, hit a bump, and the back end bounced so high that it seemed like the rear lost traction for a split second and grabbed it back when it hit the ground again. Was a bit jolting to say the least. I still love the car but if the suspension doesn't get a little more accommodating over time as the miles add up suspension may be my first mod.

Last edited:

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
This thread reminds me of the olden days when people would reply all to a big mass email listserv asking that they be taken off the list. Then more people would chime in with the same request. Then more people would respond saying "don't reply all to the list when you want off the list", but that would just cause someone else to reply all asking to get off the list because all the messages were getting annoying. Someone would get mean eventually. And then someone like me would chime in at the end and philosophically point out that this is all just a microcosm for humanity and we should appreciate it in all its glory.

Then one last person would ask to get off the list.
Yup, there are two types of people...those who just ignore stuff they aren't interested in and go about their business, and those who make an effort to comment that they aren't interested and therefore something is useless or a waste of time because it doesn't interest them lol.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Re: c) I believe the OP has clarified his issue wasn't a ride like a "floaty boat", it was a sharper quicker motion vs. the video posted with the van pogoing up and down as if all the damping was gone from the dampers.

I've always heard the term "floaty boat" used to describe the kind of ride American sedans had in the 1970's. Very soft and floaty with a slow cushy motion to it. This is not at all what the OP described.
Sponsored