Can't deal with the bouncy ride anymore after two weeks with the Mach-E. What do I do?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I agree with you however when I changed out just the rear springs and nothing else it greatly reduced the bounce (which is only in the rear). Replacing the front springs and struts didn’t do anything for the bounce. Replacing the rear shocks helped a bit more. Overall the handling of the car is much much better. I don’t think you will find anyone with a GT is complaining of a bouncy ride.
I’m not saying that the fronts will do anything for the bouncy ride, just that stiffer rear suspension will exacerbate a loose handling problem and that stiffening the front will help balance that back out.
Sponsored

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I really want to start a new thread because I'm not about to try and swift through 37 pages to try and find some answers. But I know some people on this site for some reason hate new threads so much, so I'll ask here.

Has there been any confirmation of things that will improve ride quality / bounciness? New tires or anything like that? If so what kind of tires. Thanks.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
I meant to improve the moose test results, better tires will make the Mach-E perform much better.

Reactions: Nav

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
I have run Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, Latitude Sport 3, Pilot Sport SUV and Pilot Sport All Season 4’s. Granted they are all Michelin’s but I run these tires on my current other cars with no issues. The bounce did not change at all.
@markboris will replacing the springs affect the warranty in any way?

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
How is the bounciness compared to an ICE Mustang? That's what I'm coming from so I'm used to feeling the road, not keeping my head back on the headrest all the time, and having people in my backseat sometimes complain when going over bigger potholes and bumps.

I got to test drive the Mach E before ordering and personally found it smoother than my ICE Mustang. But 1) it wasn't the longest test drive in the world and 2) I obviously didn't test drive the car that I ordered.

Really hoping I don't get this thing and end up regretting it. But if it's similar to an ICE Mustang I can be more than happy with that. At this point I'm actually really used to feeling the road in my ICE stang that when I drive more luxury cars that tend to "float" more, it feels weird and uncomfortable to me.

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
It is a fairly easy install but also should be very inexpensive for a shop to do. Looking forward to your report back.
Well my order with Tasca Parts was just canceled due to a national backorder on the part so no reporting in for a while.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How is the bounciness compared to an ICE Mustang? That's what I'm coming from so I'm used to feeling the road, not keeping my head back on the headrest all the time, and having people in my backseat sometimes complain when going over bigger potholes and bumps.

I got to test drive the Mach E before ordering and personally found it smoother than my ICE Mustang. But 1) it wasn't the longest test drive in the world and 2) I obviously didn't test drive the car that I ordered.

Really hoping I don't get this thing and end up regretting it. But if it's similar to an ICE Mustang I can be more than happy with that. At this point I'm actually really used to feeling the road in my ICE stang that when I drive more luxury cars that tend to "float" more, it feels weird and uncomfortable to me.
My ICE Mustang has no bounciness at all but it does ride more firm. After replacing the struts, shocks and springs to the GT versions, it ride very similar to my ICE Mustang.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well my order with Tasca Parts was just canceled due to a national backorder on the part so no reporting in for a while.
Interesting. I wonder if your Ford dealer has the same issue. Yes it would be more from them but you might be able to at least get them. I had mine within a few days.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I cannot see how it would affect the warranty. Not like anyone would know you did this. The springs physically don't look any different.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Manufacturers can’t void warranties or deny claims unless they can prove your modification caused the problem. I don’t see any way they could prove that a spring installed on an otherwise identical vehicle was somehow the cause of a failure in the vehicle.

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I haven't ridden in an ICE Mustang in a bit but they've never been bouncy like this (nor has any other car I`ve been in). Harsh or stiff, but not bouncy. My issue is that while I prefer a smoother ride...I'd still take a harsher one over the bounciness.

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. I wonder if your Ford dealer has the same issue. Yes it would be more from them but you might be able to at least get them. I had mine within a few days.
I put an order in to see what they say (it was more expensive but not majorly so). I really appreciate you being a trail blazer and giving me an option that isn't expensive to try and improve things.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
I really want to start a new thread because I'm not about to try and swift through 37 pages to try and find some answers. But I know some people on this site for some reason hate new threads so much, so I'll ask here.

Has there been any confirmation of things that will improve ride quality / bounciness? New tires or anything like that? If so what kind of tires. Thanks.
This is a long thread, and there have been a number of helpful contributions, but you might start by reading the posts by MarkBoris in this thread. In Brief, replace the springs with MMe GT springs for a considerable improvement. Beyond that, the bounce should also improve over time and with proper tire pressure.

It is easy to search for posts by Mark, then you can pick out the ones in this thread. If you are serious about understanding the problem however I would read through the entire thread, there are a number of good posts and a lot of people are contributing to solving the problem too.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Just how complicated is the spring swap? I've got some occasional bounce on bad roads, and I enjoy tinkering enough that this might be fun. Is it the same general idea as any 'mustang spring swap' video on YouTube? Can I get to what I need to with some jack stands, or will I need to get a pro with a lift? I always wonder how much the electric powertrain complicates/changes things.
Sponsored