Can't deal with the bouncy ride anymore after two weeks with the Mach-E. What do I do?

Keithl

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Anyone have an idea of whether the Mach-me-sick bouncing is only on the AWD model? If the front lights are going up/down, it might not be shocks, it might be motor control resonance. I had an excessively firm ride that was helped by reducing tire pressure to spec, but I would not call it bouncy. Mine is a RWD model. I wonder if it might be another software glitch, sort of an oscillation trying to balance the rear axle torque with the front axle torque. Any Geeks want to weigh in?
I can’t say much, but I did have a AWD XR Premium and did not find the car bouncy as much as jittery. I had the car for an hour and about 22-24 miles, so I can’t challenge anything true owners are saying, other than I am glad I passed on the car.
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
OK, I'm the wacko that brought up shock possibilities in Post #75, hoping that someone with this problem would get under their car and see if the shocks have any part numbers on them.

No one bit, so I looked them up myself. Yikes, different part numbers for left and right shocks. Looks like having the EXACT shocks is important, doesn't it? Motorcraft numbers below, very interesting.

1616451261463.jpeg
Finally we have facts. Different shocks part number left and right does not sound right at all.

Reactions: UW2

Prashantsukhs

Banned
Banned
First Name
Prashant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I believe overall suspension is stiff or poor quality to carry heavy vehicle. Also the wheels are narrow to get more miles and hence bumpy ride. Also same reason why it Feels slipping around the corners!!! Looks good but poorly executed.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Finally we have facts. Different shocks part number left and right does not sound right at all.
If you read that closely, there are 3 different part #'s for any MME shock sets, the back pair are the same left and right, and depend on Standard and Extended battery.

The front pair are 2 different part #'s for left and right, and different for RWD or AWD.

That is why I am curious if the shocks have some kind of labels, like my F-150 does.

Because if they do, comparison is easy between owners. Or is that too easy, LOL?

If they don't, how the heck did they keep track of them in production? Hmmm.

Reactions: UW2

Pig Iron

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Raptor, 2018 GT350R, 1966 G350
Occupation
Just retired
Country flag
Has anyone ridden in a Tesla Y. They're rougher. Believe it. Not sure of the issues but our cars really are competent. Excellent on the highways. Great on roads. Our cars are not F250's, they'll rough you up. But they were designed to have sport, manners and engagement. There is some price to that. It is a Mustang, not a Crown Vic.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Not so much bounciness but I did realize after driving in whisper for the first two weeks that the ride was better in engage. I know it doesn't impact the suspension but I think the tighter steering keeps the car feeling more natural and not so much side to side, I guess I'll stick with bounciness.

Not sure if this was touched on in the 11 pages.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has anyone ridden in a Tesla Y. They're rougher. Believe it. Not sure of the issues but our cars really are competent. Excellent on the highways. Great on roads. Our cars are not F250's, they'll rough you up. But they were designed to have sport, manners and engagement. There is some price to that. It is a Mustang, not a Crown Vic.
The Tesla suspension is stiff. What the original poster is describing is a bit different, like a bad shock.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Not sure if this helps or not: Here is 10 minutes of dashcam footage of my California Route 1 (RWD ER) going down I-94 near Ann Arbor, Michigan. Not sure how much this is an indictment of the car being bumpy as it is about Michigan's crappy roads (this was back in Feb a few days after we picked it up). I'll be taking that route again this afternoon; going to pay a little more attention to how it rides. I really didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.
Wow - your car is extremely quiet - I didn't hear a thing - that's actually how I imagine the out of space feels like :)

The ICTVillain

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Accord, NsX, Oddysey
Country flag
Just looked, I am only at 630 miles. I do drive with gusto, enjoying the fast starts. According to "my journeys" in the app, which I finally got working, I might want to consider less rapid acceleration!

While washing Louiebluey yesterday, I noticed my brake rotors are getting pretty rusty, so it looks like I need to add some aggressive braking to may mania :). I generally don't speed, but I do enjoy the rapid acceleration without tire spin!
Well done - i still can’t figure journeys out!

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Well, it's not typical but it's not unheard of. In any case, whatever the manufacturer says is correct, is what's "right". They would not specify different parts left and right without a good reason.

It would be good if the OP could check to see if the correct suspension components were installed. Of course the dealership could do this as well.
Sponsored