Can't deal with the bouncy ride anymore after two weeks with the Mach-E. What do I do?

RobO

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD-E
Country flag
I test drove a MY today then right after a MME. The Tesla handled much better. It was more responsive, better acceleration and no bounce. The MME is sluggish off the line and I definitely felt the bounce. It reminded me of my Kia SUV. The stying of the MME blows the MY away!
The MY was so harsh when I did a test drive I literally was car sick. Some of it had to do with one pedal driving that I was not used to but also harshness and jittery feeling of MY. MME a lot smoother

Hawk46

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Standard Range Infinite Blue
Country flag

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
Is there anything you don't complain about?
Not even sure what you are talking about, but whatever. I guess I should have expected this from someone saying to sell the car because I think the ride is bouncy. Welcome to the ignore list, and feel free to return the favor.

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
Come on, Eric. Please let's all be civil.

Besides, I think you've possibly confused @Cnote with v*** or ag**...
Thanks, have no idea what he's going on about. Either way I've ignored him.

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
See! This is what I truly want and need from my First Edition! I don't understand what could be going wrong. Sure, roads in Chicago aren't amazing, but, surely, it can't just be the road quality making this happen. My 2017 Explorer was incredibly smooth and, yes, I know this is a sportier and very heavy vehicle, but seeing people like you noting that your experience with the MME has not been bouncy has me wondering what the heck is going on. I literally feel like I am driving in a see-saw and my wife commented that she had a bunch of neck discomfort when we got home from a 10-mile drive this evening from the south side of the city to the north side. I so want this car to be a success with my family and overall, but I can't have us constantly car sick either and I need to figure out what can be done about it. :(
It’s bouncier than my other cars, but I have read reviews saying it is less bouncy than a traditional Mustang.

Reactions: Nav

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
There was a video that I saw (don’t remember whose it was) that was a “long-term” report on the guy’s MME. He nailed it on the head in stating that the “bouncy” ride is an effect of insufficient rebound damping given the spring rate. That is a slight oversimplification of what’s going on, but if each end of the vehicle is allowed to over-travel away from the road at a frequency matching the wave in the road (or worse, at the third harmonic thereof), it’s going to pitch pretty drastically, causing what some call a bouncy ride.
This is why almost every Mountain Bike shock comes with rebound damping adjustment. It can make a huge difference. I bet the shocks were not really designed for such a heavy car. Hopefully some aftermarket shock makes an improvement. It is still way better than the Tesla M3 I rode in.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, I think I need to give them a call. I have a 200-mile trip I need to take this week and I am honestly fearing that I am going to need to keep barf-bags in the car with us. I so want to figure out a way to fix this and smooth out the ride. :(
We drove the dealer mach e and and for 20 miles on different roads it was wonderfully under control. Take it back to the dealer. Try moving the car up and down pushing on front fender to see if the shocks are defective.

Waps61

First Name
Waps
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Can't deal with the bouncy ride anymore after two weeks with the Mach-E. What do I do? IMG_2300

You better check if there are transport locks fitted that have not been removed as per my MME. Detected this after 1000 miles and a bouncy ride. Picture is from left front spring and damper.
The yellow thingies are the spring locks....and should not be there:mad::eek:

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
^ damn, talk about an AHA moment. Bet that was a pleasant drive after removal.