Can't figure out how to set the "home" setting.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
When I ask that nice lady who talks to me: Hey Ford, take me home. She says, your home has not be set. Go to the screen and set your home...
So where on the screen do I go?
Sponsored

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have the same question. The forum members have told me to go change my home location in the map settings. I don't know where that is.

EagleDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
1) Press the middle icon on the top of your touchscreen in the MME.
2) Press "Navigation" - you should see the map.
3) Press the "Tools" icon (crossed screwdriver/wrench) on the lower left of the map. If you don't see it, try pressing one of the icons in the upper left of the map (e.g. the car with arrows pointing to it).
4) Press "Settings"
5) Below "Map and Vehicle", choose "User Data" then look for "Manage User Data"

Mine has a selection for "Remove Home Location", so I'm hoping yours has something like "Add Home Location".

Good luck.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
When I ask that nice lady who talks to me: Hey Ford, take me home. She says, your home has not be set. Go to the screen and set your home...
So where on the screen do I go?
Go to the navigation, press the “where to” in the upper left, then press the button that says “Home.” If you’ve never set it, it will guide you though setting it.

After the first time (when it’s already set), the”Home” button will just take you there.

Phil Warren

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Select, 1983 Mustang GT
Country flag
1) Press the middle icon on the top of your touchscreen in the MME.
2) Press "Navigation" - you should see the map.
3) Press the "Tools" icon (crossed screwdriver/wrench) on the lower left of the map. If you don't see it, try pressing one of the icons in the upper left of the map (e.g. the car with arrows pointing to it).
4) Press "Settings"
5) Below "Map and Vehicle", choose "User Data" then look for "Manage User Data"

Mine has a selection for "Remove Home Location", so I'm hoping yours has something like "Add Home Location".

Good luck.
Worked perfectly. Thanks! To add my real home address after I removed the erroneous one, just had to return to the normal Nav screen in the Where To box, pressed home and it asked me where home was where I could use the current address or enter an address.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Tip - Set HOME around the corner. Longtime safety thing. Car valets etc.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Agree with that! A friend of mine used valet service at the airport and, when he picked up his car, his garage door opener was gone! I also wish they would not put your home address on your car registration you have to carry in your car. I never enter my exact home address in the system.

I do not understand why anyone would use airport valet? It's like saying "hey I'm going on a trip and will be away from my house!"

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agree with that! A friend of mine used valet service at the airport and, when he picked up his car, his garage door opener was gone! I also wish they would not put your home address on your car registration you have to carry in your car. I never enter my exact home address in the system.

I do not understand why anyone would use airport valet? It's like saying "hey I'm going on a trip and will be away from my house!"
You are not required to carry car registration in your car. My father in-law carried it in his wallet, and bought extra copies so everyone had one, they were $1.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Don't like stuff in my wallet but I may hide it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Tip- your address is public record.

What would a car valet do with your address?

I’m trying to think of a reason but can’t come up with anything.

balby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Tip- your address is public record.

What would a car valet do with your address?

I’m trying to think of a reason but can’t come up with anything.
I’ve heard stories of people saying their homes were robbed after valet drivers would steal their address from the nav.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve heard stories of people saying their homes were robbed after valet drivers would steal their address from the nav.
Probably just stories.

Just because you are at dinner or whatever with a valet doesn’t mean that no one is home.

There are much much easier and less complicated ways to find an empty home to rob. And you don’t need to add layers like a valet as an accomplice.

It’s as simple as looking for houses with the lights out.

If someone got robbed while they were out to dinner and got valet parked, unless the valet got caught somehow, probably a coincidence.

Another thought- if a bunch of people all got robbed while eating at the same restaurant, eventually someone would put the clues together.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Probably just stories.

Just because you are at dinner or whatever with a valet doesn’t mean that no one is home.

There are much much easier and less complicated ways to find an empty home to rob. And you don’t need to add layers like a valet as an accomplice.

It’s as simple as looking for houses with the lights out.

If someone got robbed while they were out to dinner and got valet parked, unless the valet got caught somehow, probably a coincidence.

Another thought- if a bunch of people all got robbed while eating at the same restaurant, eventually someone would put the clues together.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/valet-parking-perils-how-avoid-them-andy-kay-1c

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/gps-burglary/

https://heartlandowners.org/threads/tip-dont-use-your-real-address-for-home-in-your-gps.7985/

https://tundraheadquarters.com/car-gps-burglary/

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! This just cemented my previous theory that this was something we DO NOT have to worry about.

A few random stories about valet drivers stealing your garage door openers.

Good luck ripping out my home link!

I can’t live my life in constant fear of these type of random very rare occurrences.

More likely to happen than this? Any of the thousands of merchants you give your credit card # to stealing your CC info.

I still use my credit card.

I would say these stories do remind me why I just leave my key fob (and not my keys) with the valet or car dealer or whoever needs to drive my car.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Side note- the news stories remind me a bit of the 1980s stories of drugs in Halloween candy and razor blades in apples.

It’s a fun read if you’re interested in how the media can spread false fear. It made for a very interesting sociology study in a college course I took a couple decades ago.
Sponsored