D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
Sorry if this has been answered, but when I check for system updates, it says the system is up to date, but will not tell me what version I am currently running. Anyone know how to resolve this? Yes I have tried to check multiple times to see if it would pull up the software version.

Worried that I may not get OTAs because of this.
Sponsored

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Sorry if this has been answered, but when I check for system updates, it says the system is up to date, but will not tell me what version I am currently running. Anyone know how to resolve this? Yes I have tried to check multiple times to see if it would pull up the software version.

Worried that I may not get OTAs because of this.
go to the sync 4 screen in your car, tap the car icon upper left, then tap "settings" upper right, scroll up to "system updates" on left. Open "update details" (click on arrow to right) it should look like this. Mine is currently 1.04. it did have 1.06 so apparently they don't occur in order.

system update.jpg

OP
OP
Dnorwood98

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
go to the sync 4 screen in your car, tap the car icon upper left, then tap "settings" upper right, scroll up to "system updates" on left. Open "update details" (click on arrow to right) it should look like this. Mine is currently 1.04. it did have 1.06 so apparently they don't occur in order.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Can't find Software version system update
I don't have the option of "Update Details"

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I don't have the option of "Update Details"
You may have not had an update yet depending on when your car was built.

General - sync - about sync is the only software version you can see. The power up version #'s are made up and really don't reflect the actual software of the car, just that you got a specific OTA update. There have been no OTAs for most cars built May or later yet.

OP
OP
Dnorwood98

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
You may have not had an update yet depending on when your car was built.

General - sync - about sync is the only software version you can see. The power up version #'s are made up and really don't reflect the actual software of the car, just that you got a specific OTA update. There have been no OTAs for most cars built May or later yet.
That's what I figured that there is no way to know if you are updated unless there has been one applied. When I click the Update details, it just checks and then says up to date no matter how many times I try to pull info.

Production date was end of June. I do not have SecureAlert as an option yet.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
That's what I figured that there is no way to know if you are updated unless there has been one applied. When I click the Update details, it just checks and then says up to date no matter how many times I try to pull info.

I'm right there with you. Built 6/29 and completed 7/16. But no Securealerts and no updates taken yet. I even scheduled a slot for them and made it run several nights trying to help encourage it. they likely trigger it remotely in batches so we have a LONG wait...

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

Only real way to tell is plug into FDRS...however that only tells you if you're updated to what Ford has released for your VIN. The only thing about that is there is already newer software out they just haven't released for your VIN.

jojomontag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My car has been updated (bought off the lot in April), but it won't tell me the version. It used to, but now it just says it is up-to-date (I have Sercurilert).

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My car has been updated (bought off the lot in April), but it won't tell me the version. It used to, but now it just says it is up-to-date (I have Sercurilert).
this is strange, I wonder why I can still read the update number. 1.04 which is for the securialert incidentally, I had the same concern, my late april car had no updates until 1.06 and 1.04, which both came one right after the other a couple weeks ago..
Sponsored