Lord_Sweeney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Country flag
My MME is scheduled to be delivered mid-July, and I recently reached out to the sales manager at the dealership to verify the price protection. This is what he told me below. Does that sound legit or is this a stalling tactic hoping the customer will just roll over and give up?

At the moment, I canā€™t promise the original ordered price to be honored. We have protected the price of multiple other Mach-Eā€™s, Mavericks, and Broncos for months and have not received payment on those orders from Ford. Which is causing a loss for us here at the dealer.
We are working with our Ford rep at the moment to help ease some of this pressure on both us and the customer. I am told we are expected to have a resolution to the missed payments by Ford by the end of this month or next month. But again, I canā€™t promise anything as we have yet to see the reimbursement from Fordā€™s end.
Sponsored

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
My MME is scheduled to be delivered mid-July, and I recently reached out to the sales manager at the dealership to verify the price protection. This is what he told me below. Does that sound legit or is this a stalling tactic hoping the customer will just roll over and give up?

At the moment, I canā€™t promise the original ordered price to be honored. We have protected the price of multiple other Mach-Eā€™s, Mavericks, and Broncos for months and have not received payment on those orders from Ford. Which is causing a loss for us here at the dealer.
We are working with our Ford rep at the moment to help ease some of this pressure on both us and the customer. I am told we are expected to have a resolution to the missed payments by Ford by the end of this month or next month. But again, I canā€™t promise anything as we have yet to see the reimbursement from Fordā€™s end.
Sounds like BS. They either honor price protection or they don't.

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag

My understanding of the price protection is that they do not get a payment. Ford adjust's the invoice price on the Dealer Payment System.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No.

Price protection has 2 options. Dealer gets reimbursed later, OR dealer gets reimbursed and then reimburses the customer. Reimbursement is up to 45 days I recall.

Clearly stated in the Price Protection policy.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

Probably BS, but what are you gonna do, not buy the car?

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Probably BS, but what are you gonna do, not buy the car?
Ummm....yes? I don't know about the OP, but for me, the price of my trim and options has gone up I think $8000 since I ordered it. That's not a small amount of money. Also, interest rates have gone up since I ordered by at least .5%. And APR protection is part of the price protection.

If it weren't for price protection I'd probably be cancelling my order.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ummm....yes? I don't know about the OP, but for me, the price of my trim and options has gone up I think $8000 since I ordered it. That's not a small amount of money. Also, interest rates have gone up since I ordered by at least .5%. And APR protection is part of the price protection.

No, APR is not protected unless it is a promotional rate like 0.9% for 4 years was.

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

So the dealer still wins and you donā€™t have the car you waited months or a year for

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So the dealer still wins and you donā€™t have the car you waited months or a year for
Yup. But there's a BMW dealership a few miles from my house with an electric i4 that would only cost me $3k more than the price I'm currently paying for mine (as opposed to $8k). But to be clear I'd fight tooth and nail to get my price protection cause I want my Mach E

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup. But there's a BMW dealership a few miles from my house with an electric i4 that would only cost me $3k more than the price I'm currently paying for mine (as opposed to $8k). But to be clear I'd fight tooth and nail to get my price protection cause I want my Mach E
Iā€™d figure out how to get money back from Ford, definitely would raise a stink

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Iā€™d figure out how to get money back from Ford, definitely would raise a stink
This is all hypothetical on my end. At the moment I have no reason to believe dealer won't honor the price we agreed on as they've been pretty outstanding so far

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Boy, that better not be a lie. Either way that issue is between the dealer and Ford, not you. If the dealer isn't structuring their transactions correctly then it is their loss not yours.

My dealer figured it out when I said I need the price protection applied. It shouldn't be a fight because it's automatic from Ford.

If they won't give in, make sure you leave them a 1-star review on Google mentioning the fact they won't honor price protection and it cost you $$$$. Everyone who buys vehicles from them needs to know that. Dealers are signing their own graves by doing this.

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
I'm in a similar boat. My sales guy at the dealer says they will only honor the window stick price. I've left voicemails to the managers of the dealership but no phone call back yet. I'm not being a jerk/a-hole. I'm just asking for price protection. I put a deposit in for an order at a set price. It's not ok for Ford or anyone to just change that.

My dealer is Galpin Ford in Southern California. I went with them because they said they would honor MSRP + X-Plan. One of the few dealers that would do it in SoCal. The rest wanted markups on all orders. I'll keep fighting this. I still have a few more weeks before I can complete the sale of the Mach-E anyways.
Sponsored