Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Did you ever get this resolved?

I just got mine and same thing, NO Setup Phone as a Key link on the FordPass

Everything else worked with remote setup, and I can Lock/Unlock vehicle with FordPass

I have tried with both my Phone (Android) and my Son's once I approved his FordPass and activated remote on his phone (iPhone) so not sure what could be happening

I deleted app and installed and reset the users on Ford Sync on Car but still nothing
Nope. Haven't heard anything and it's been almost 3 months now. Very frustrated, honestly, but also getting used to just having fob.
Sponsored

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Just to update on my case, I went through several hours of troubleshooting with FordPass App call center but could not get it to work

We tried everything from deleting and re-installing App, deleted car from App, reset of connected services in Sync, MASTER reset of Sync, etc, etc, etc.

I was going to try again over the weekend after some help and suggestions from some members of the forum here, but lo and behold the link just appeared today on my App and was able to setup PaaK

I honestly don't think it was a result of any of the troubleshooting actions but maybe just some sync had not happened on the Ford backend.

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just to update on my case, I went through several hours of troubleshooting with FordPass App call center but could not get it to work

We tried everything from deleting and re-installing App, deleted car from App, reset of connected services in Sync, MASTER reset of Sync, etc, etc, etc.

I was going to try again over the weekend after some help and suggestions from some members of the forum here, but lo and behold the link just appeared today on my App and was able to setup PaaK

I honestly don't think it was a result of any of the troubleshooting actions but maybe just some sync had not happened on the Ford backend.
Wow. I have been hoping it would do the same, but nothing. Maybe I'll do more master resets and all and see? Thanks for the update.

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
Yeah I have this curse too. Tried all sorts of stuff. No option to setup PaaK. I also can’t set a backup passcode to start the car. The option is just grayed out. Time to start researching that one now! I’ve given up on PaaK for now.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah I have this curse too. Tried all sorts of stuff. No option to setup PaaK. I also can’t set a backup passcode to start the car. The option is just grayed out. Time to start researching that one now! I’ve given up on PaaK for now.
Did you ever resolve the grayed out backup start issue?

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
Did you ever resolve the grayed out backup start issue?
Technically no, but I think I understand why now. I believe it only becomes an option when you have PaaK set up. My FordPass still doesn’t give me the option to setup PaaK.

TBH though I think I’m okay with it at this point. It’s not like carrying around a fob is something new and shocking! Seen enough PaaK complaints to be at peace with not having it in my life ?. Mainly though, I like the security of knowing there’s no way my car could be unlocked without my awareness if it’s not that far away from me.

Cabel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
IT Engineer, aviator, gearhead, tinkerer, putterer, wife pesterer.
Country flag
Well, sounds like you could use a little humor at this point.... ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Can't set up phone as a key PAAK.JPG

New2Ford

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e
Picked up my Mach-e yesterday. Same issue. Everything works except PaaK. Frustrating. Sounds like I’ll have a 3 month battle ahead to get it to work.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow. I have been hoping it would do the same, but nothing. Maybe I'll do more master resets and all and see? Thanks for the update.
So just an update. I am now about 7 months out and just happened to see the "Set up Phone as a Key" option. Yay.

NOW the issue is that I can name it and download the key during set up, but the Bluetooth pairing doesn't work. Tried unpairing and resetting Fordpass. Going to try uninstalling Fordpass altogether, but wondering if anyone ever had issues like this as well?

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Me. It acknowledges that my phone is set up to use as key. I get to the Code they want me to write down for the next screen. Then It tries to pair with the car. And it says failed or what have you. Then I get a link in fordpass that says "Resume Key Setup" But I can remote start my car - unlock - lock. Just don't have the Frunk, Trunk, and windows button.

Remote Starting is really all I am after for.

So just an update. I am now about 7 months out and just happened to see the "Set up Phone as a Key" option. Yay.

NOW the issue is that I can name it and download the key during set up, but the Bluetooth pairing doesn't work. Tried unpairing and resetting Fordpass. Going to try uninstalling Fordpass altogether, but wondering if anyone ever had issues like this as well?

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I’ve had PAAK since July 2021. BC update caused Master Reset went to reinstall PAAK, initial attempt got past the “Copy & Paste” screen but F’D up the paste part (my fault) was inputting the code behind the Mach E name from the phone instead of pasting.

Now I can’t get past the copy & past screen any longer🤨. I NEED MY PAAK BACK!!!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Clear cache and data.
Delete app.
Reboot phone.
Install app.
Create PaaK.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Clear cache and data.
Delete app.
Reboot phone.
Install app.
Create PaaK.
Thanks!!! I deleted app and reinstalled and BOOM; I'm up and running again. FYI for those that run into similar situation; if the number is the same from the cut and paste, then your in a never ending loop. Delete App

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
First, clear cache and data. Deleting the app didn't work for me, I had to delete cache and data, and then delete the app. If you delete the app first, you can't delete cache and data.
Sponsored