Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
At this point I'm all for just using your phone itself while driving. I give up..
There are reasons that's illegal in Maryland.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
At this point I'm all for just using your phone itself while driving. I give up..
It would seem you disagree with the technology on this ir most any other car as it relates to cellphones. In that case, you might want to do just that ... use your cellphone via voice command while driving.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
It would seem you disagree with the technology on this ir most any other car as it relates to cellphones. In that case, you might want to do just that ... use your cellphone via voice command while driving.
And I think that would bring him full circle to the beginning? No way to use voice commands, either on a phone, or through sync, to enter keypad digits, during a call?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
And I think that would bring him full circle to the beginning? No way to use voice commands, either on a phone, or through sync, to enter keypad digits, during a call?
As I said, the ability to make on-screen entries in a phone tree has been a failing of every car-integrated phone system I’ve used. Most lock you out of typing in the screen to avoid distracted driving.

If you need to navigate a phone tree, the best bet is to pull over.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Laf. Yes, that was intentional. It wasn’t entirely a serious comment (of course).

We really shouldn’t be navigating phone trees manually while driving. Proper phone trees have voice commands. If you really need to use a manual phone tree, pull over and use the phone. My need to navigate the phone tree menu at “Kimo’s Da Kine Poke Works” can wait*

* for the record, I’m not particularly fond of Poke. I also don’t think there’s a place called Kimo’s Da Kine Poke Works.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm trying to understand what issue you are really describing. Are you trying to scroll through your contacts to make a call? If so, have you tried using voice commands? You have access to both the Ford commands and Siri/Alexa to help you with this.
That is how I do it. I press the button on the steering wheel and say "Call (contact name)".

Seems simple and easy to me.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Sure, ha... Can you imagine seeing real Mustang pull over to use the phone? Maybe that's why all the Mustang crashes...
You ARE driving a “Real Mustang”. Bill Ford said so and, in case you have not noticed, his family name is on the windshield of your Mustang ?
Sponsored