Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Here’s a link to the full CD article. And comments…..?

GT is 2.1 seconds slower to 110mph than a 4X. So, how are people going to spin that into being no big deal/ok? It’s a joke at this point.

Im just glad CD and Edmunds are harping on it because the court of public opinion is where Ford will be found guilty, and then have to come up with a fix of some sort.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38331536/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-gt-performance-tested/

Last edited:

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Well, we get a Ford response for this one - that it is performing as expected. Given that, I think the chances that they are working on any kind of fix are low
While they may or may not be working on a fix, I wouldn't read to much into the response. Its basically the same as "no comment" in the car industry.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

GT is 2.1 seconds slower to 110mph than a 4X. So, how are people going to spin that into being no big deal/ok? It’s a joke at this point.

Im just glad CD and Edmunds are harping on it because the court of public opinion is where Ford will be found guilty, and then have to come up with a fix of some sort.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38331536/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-gt-performance-tested/
Log Comment - working as designed. Closed ticket.

Maybe I'm naive but I'm holding onto a glimmer of hope that the 5 Second Rule will be revised. If they do, it'll just be annoying that Ford even came to market with a product that made such a lousy first impression out of the box.

If they don't "fix it"? Well, I knew what I was getting into when I bought the car and truth be told, that Model 3 Long Range dual motor I played with accelerating onto that freeway on-ramp sure didn't think my pony was hobbled.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
0.92 G lateral, huh. That’s the first article I have seen with a number.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Ford should offer a Magneride option on the Premium.

They should not have called any trim level a performance version until they could actually provide the performance. Maybe they should call it the Mustang 2? The Premium out performs it on some metrics.

rhizomatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT-PE Shadow Black
Country flag
I wonder what the numbers would be in Unbridled Extended as this would give sustained max power minus the overboost. Based on some videos I've seen the GTPE can hit 60 in around 4.5 in Unbridled Extended, 0.3 faster than the 4X. I would think it would be able to maintain this power through to 110 and comfortably beat the 4X.

Unexplainedbacon

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT hopeful
Country flag
“That's a rather strange cop-out on a car that has an Unbridled Extended drive mode that's for track use only.”

Give it to em, C&D.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Well, we get a Ford response for this one - that it is performing as expected. Given that, I think the chances that they are working on any kind of fix are low
I think Ford would like to improve. Not to say that there will be a quick OTA. But progression is natural and inevitable. Not much conciliation to anyone who believed the 21/22 E GTPE would be a real answer to the Y Performance.

OP
OP
leeman

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

I Software Update will fix these issues

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
While they may or may not be working on a fix, I wouldn't read to much into the response. Its basically the same as "no comment" in the car industry.
Maybe the “working as designed” part is no comment, but the 2nd part of the comment stings a lot:

We asked Ford why, and a spokesperson said that "the car is performing as expected" and reminded us that the "GT was designed around everyday usable performance for fun, not drag-strip duels or lap times." That's a rather strange cop-out on a car that has an Unbridled Extended drive mode that's for track use only.

Not designed for drag strip or lap times. SERIOUSLY WTF??

Literally every piece of advertising for the GTPE mentions acceleration times and the marketing videos show it driving around a race track.

Hell, even the press even was centered around driving it on an AutoX track!!!

This would be like building a truck with an off-road package, showing it driving off-road, doing press events off-road………. Then telling you the truck “isn’t designed for off-road use.”
Sponsored