Kathysmustang

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Ford advises keeping car plugged in during cold weather and we live outside Chicago so we decided to do that.

Set my charging time for 10:00 pm to 2:00 am up to 80%. Plugged car in at 5:22 pm at 52%. No departure times are set. Received message that the car would need to charge beyond the set times.

Woke up this morning to find the car had charged to 100%. Anybody know why? I know the car is not supposed to sit at 100%. Thanks.
Sponsored

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
This happens to me sometimes. I find resetting the charging location seems to resolve it. Quite annoying though!

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
This happened to me once, but much better than not waking up to charge. That happened twice. Really bad feeling when you have to get to work and find out that you don't enough charge to there.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Delete your charging "location" and set it up again.

There have been instances where over the air updates dorked up those charge settings (happened recently with Lightnings) as well as messing with profile settings.

Just delete and set it up again.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am not sure about this but perhaps it had something to do that your charge window was not sufficient to reach your charge parameters. So your car charged outside the charge window and went to 100%. I am not sure this is a normal response or not but something was going on from the start when you were notified the car would need to charge beyond set times.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford advises keeping car plugged in during cold weather and we live outside Chicago so we decided to do that.

Set my charging time for 10:00 pm to 2:00 am up to 80%. Plugged car in at 5:22 pm at 52%. No departure times are set. Received message that the car would need to charge beyond the set times.

Woke up this morning to find the car had charged to 100%. Anybody know why? I know the car is not supposed to sit at 100%. Thanks.
Two issues.

1) IF your charging window is too short (at least the car thinks it is), it will start early to be done. So whether it's an 80% target or a 100% target, the car figures it can't finish so starts early. If you can, extend your window. Note - if you're using the 110v adapter for the Ford Mobile Charger, it will almost always ignore the charging window.

2) Sometimes an update deletes the saved location. Charge for a few minutes. Unplug. Save location, reset times and percentage, then try again.

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
As noted, assuming you're L2 charging at 32amps, you'll need a bigger window. I'm outside Chicago as well, on ComEd hourly pricing, an have it set for 11AM - 6AM, and it completes between 2AM and 4AM most days.

There have been a couple of occasions where I'm near 20% (slightly above or below) where it charges outside that window, but as noted above, I believe it's trying to get you closer to your target charge.

I've had the 100% happen to me a couple of times; it corrected itself on the next charge.
🤷‍♂️

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
A similar thing happened to me. I think I failed to “Save” my charge setting at 50% when I changed to the lower % after a recent 100% charge. I’m trying to remember to scroll to the bottom of each page to make sure I don’t forget a step.

A few times when I thought the car had messed up I later decided it was user error.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

When you plug it in does it start to charge right away? Does it not honor the charging schedule at all or does it charge to 100% starting at your specified time? Mine has been telling me about the window also lately but it is and has always been adequate. Warns about out of set times but it charges at the scheduled time and to the correct % charge. It charges L2 at around 8KWh and the ER battery is 90 KW for 100% to get a conservative feel for the time window.
Sponsored