OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Screen is dark. Ford Engineering is advising them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Instrument Panel Cluster is dead. The car runs fine. They have ordered a new IPC per Ford Engineering, which is on back order.

I have asked if we can have the car back, and he's consulting with the Service Manager to see if they feel it's ok. We would use a phone with GPS speed turned on (i.e. Google Maps) to verify speed, and only be doing local driving.

They offered me a loaner, but it would be an ICE vehicle and we can drive our F-150, and would have to put gas in the ICE vehicle.

Going to pick it up this afternoon, and drive it without the center dash, using the GoogleMaps GPS for the speed limit. Figuring the IPC will take 2+ weeks to get in.

Interestingly, there appears to be multiple versions online - 10/26/20, 10/26/20 - 4/22/21, 4/22/21 - 4/27/21, 4/27/21 - 12/14/21, and 12/14/21.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got the car back. Fun driving without knowing if your blinker is on. I believe that any miles I drive until the IPC is replaced will not show up on the odometer, so Alaska here we come...

Given how that screen is so far out of the instrument panel, I wonder how much disassembly is involved in replacing it.

Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Got the car back. Fun driving without knowing if your blinker is on. I believe that any miles I drive until the IPC is replaced will not show up on the odometer, so Alaska here we come...

Given how that screen is so far out of the instrument panel, I wonder how much disassembly is involved in replacing it.
I had mine replaced due to the buzzing, probably why there are different versions, it didn't fix it but it was really easy or at least just a few hours of work. The software, of course, ends up being the trickiest. Make sure after they do it you make sure everything works in the settings. When they did mine, the screen would also show the "engage" drive mode energy bar. The other drive modes would change the background - like unbridled would do orange, but the energy bar was always there, with or without lane keep on (steering wheel button). I had no more evasive steering assist, frontal warnings, etc. I also couldn't turn on a few settings at all. They installed the IPC software incorrectly and it took Ford Engineering a while to figure it out, took multiple trips of them just pulling data lol. The bright side was mileage reset from 800 to 0 since they didn't do the software right.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They said they had to get the engineers involved, and get a case number, just to get the right part figured out since there are so many.

They plan on trying to expedite it tomorrow, but unsure what impact that might have. It drives fine.

I'll keep pushing, I need it 100%, ideally with BC, to be able to sell it when the 2022 comes in.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car is being worked on today. Got my odometer reading back in FordPass, which tells me that they either recovered the ICP or installed a new one. Waiting to see how the other updates go.

Yes, they've confirmed they did get the ICP running again, not replaced, using a procedure they had neglected to advise the dealers of. They are now applying all the other updates.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Haven't heard anything, but got a notification that BlueCruise was active just before noon, and they were working on other modules.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
That sounds reassuring.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's a Ford Engineering team doing the updates, at the dealer.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Totally updated. Drove home handsfree.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car died during BlueCruise update Handsfree

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Whew, glad they got it fixed! I'm very skeptical whenever someone says a part needs to be replaced because of a firmware update, it is extremely hard to truly brick things these days, I think dealerships are still just stuck on the model of "its broke, replace it". They'll need to get more used to firmware troubleshooting processes if they don't want to just keep throwing $1k parts at problems that can be solved with a laptop...

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealership was not given a process by Ford. Hotline now has that info. Ford apologized.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You will be waiting a long time.
Sponsored