me0wster

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Hi. A new user to the forum here.

Just came back from trying to charge at 2 different EA locations. Tried to charge on 4 different stalls (2 on each location) on all the cables on the units. I've tried starting the charging via the EA app and via a credit card. The car says that its the charges fault. Called up EA on the number and they've restarted (and even stared the charging from their end) all 4 stalls and in the end, the person on the other end says its the car issue.

Side note:
  • Came back home and plugged in and the Level 2 charging works
  • Just received 3.6.2 last night
  • This is probably my 3rd or 4th CCS charge
What is the next step here?

Edit:
  • `via the EA app` instead of `via the app`
Sponsored

Last edited:

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Plug and charge enabled? I've had a lot of issues with that to the point I just turned it off. You can still use your free credits by activating the station before plugging in, in the ford pass app hit the find chargers, and follow directions there once you find your station.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Hi. A new user to the forum here.

Just came back from trying to charge at 2 different EA locations. Tried to charge on 4 different stalls (2 on each location) on all the cables on the units. I've tried starting the charging via the EA app and via a credit card. The car says that its the charges fault. Called up EA on the number and they've restarted (and even stared the charging from their end) all 4 stalls and in the end, the person on the other end says its the car issue.

Side note:
  • Came back home and plugged in and the Level 2 charging works
  • Just received 3.6.2 last night
  • This is probably my 3rd or 4th CCS charge
What is the next step here?

Edit:
  • `via the EA app` instead of `via the app`
What was the error message on the station?

OP
OP

me0wster

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
What was the error message on the station?
Nothing much really. It just spins and says reconnecting and brings me back to the main screen. In the car, it says "Charge station fault" just like the image here (https://bit.ly/3j5Nz8E).

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
i see this all the time it's always been EA's fault. you say you started via app but do you have plug and charge disabled?

OP
OP

me0wster

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
If you mean the Plug & Charge feature from the Ford App, no. I don't have that Blue Oval even setup.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Nothing much really. It just spins and says reconnecting and brings me back to the main screen. In the car, it says "Charge station fault" just like the image here (https://bit.ly/3j5Nz8E).
Yeah, that sounds like a charge station problem rather than a car one. Anyone else on Plugshare report issues with those chargers recently?

OP
OP

me0wster

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Yeah, that sounds like a charge station problem rather than a car one. Anyone else on Plugshare report issues with those chargers recently?
There were issues on the charges 2 months back then green checkins on Plugshare.

When I moved from one station to the next, a Taycan pulled up to the unit I left and was charging. The driver was not showing any sign of frustration.. :|

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
There were issues on the charges 2 months back then green checkins on Plugshare.

When I moved from one station to the next, a Taycan pulled up to the unit I left and was charging. The driver was not showing any sign of frustration.. :|
Hmmm. I've seen compatibility issues on EVgo chargers, but never on EA. Are you able to try another DCFC provider? Hard to tell what the issue is otherwise.

Space Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE 450, space white GT received 11/04/22
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
Enable charge and go and get always start that charge from the charger. Never had the car successfully start a charge.

OP
OP

me0wster

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Hmmm. I've seen compatibility issues on EVgo chargers, but never on EA. Are you able to try another DCFC provider? Hard to tell what the issue is otherwise.
Yeah. That's what I'll probably do. Both the EA's I tested were 10-15 mins away. The EVgo is 30 mins away. The EAs are on the way to the EVgo.

Enable charge and go and get always start that charge from the charger. Never had the car successfully start a charge.
I guess I can sign up for the Blue Oval and try.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Open EA app.
Activate charger.
Plug in.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Just update the post to clarify that I tried to start the charging using the EA app.
If you still have credits (assuming here) you have to go through fordpass app or p&c to use them. Using the EA app will result in you paying.

Now if you are intending on paying then that sounds like an EA issue, or maybe you still have p&c enabled while trying to use the EA app? Not sure if that may cause conflicts.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Once we depleted our Ford credits for EA charging, we disabled plug-and-charge on the car.
Our procedure is:
Pull in to stall, turn off car--in my experience, EA will not talk to the car if it's on.
Open EA App on phone, make sure it's logged in, and find the charger on the map.
Hop out, plug in charging cable.
Go through EA's screen on the charger, selecting the "Membership" option (or whatever it's called).
Once the charger screen indicates it's ready to charge, activate the proper charging station on the EA App.
Sponsored