Car is great - support is awful (except on this forum)

JonLAWeiss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD Extended Range
Country flag
If only Ford had prepared its dealers to support this car. You call and they say, oh, "that's a new car." Gosh, really!

Here’s what I put in a letter I sent to Ford. Ford’s unhelpful response (BTW, my name is misspelled) is shown below.

The day after we bought the car, it showed the message “Service Vehicle Soon” when it was on accessory power. That went away after a day or so. After several weeks, I had it serviced because of “computer” problems. At that time, the technician said there were a lot of codes dated the day after we took delivery.

We drove it for a while until there was a Phone as a Key service notification. After bringing the car home, it showed the same code (at 4:00 p.m. – I have a picture). I took it back to the dealer, but no such message. They didn’t do anything. I took it home, and it again showed the “Service Vehicle Soon” (at 5:18 p.m. – I have a picture).

We like the car a lot – except for the computer problems. For that reason, I wouldn’t recommend it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car is great - support is awful (except on this forum) 2021.07.06 Letter from Ford_Redacted
Sponsored

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yes, Ford support is a piece of Sh*t.. Relying on dealerships that don't know how to work on this car is scary and painful

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
It sounds like a fairly reasonable response from Ford if I'm being honest. It was their nice way of saying "try another dealer."

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
If only Ford had prepared its dealers to support this car. You call and they say, oh, "that's a new car." Gosh, really!

Here’s what I put in a letter I sent to Ford. Ford’s unhelpful response (BTW, my name is misspelled) is shown below.

The day after we bought the car, it showed the message “Service Vehicle Soon” when it was on accessory power. That went away after a day or so. After several weeks, I had it serviced because of “computer” problems. At that time, the technician said there were a lot of codes dated the day after we took delivery.

We drove it for a while until there was a Phone as a Key service notification. After bringing the car home, it showed the same code (at 4:00 p.m. – I have a picture). I took it back to the dealer, but no such message. They didn’t do anything. I took it home, and it again showed the “Service Vehicle Soon” (at 5:18 p.m. – I have a picture).

We like the car a lot – except for the computer problems. For that reason, I wouldn’t recommend it.
Good morning! Would you please send over a private message with your VIN? I would like to see what I can do to assist with the service codes your Mach E is displaying.

OP
OP
JonLAWeiss

JonLAWeiss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD Extended Range
Country flag
Good morning! Would you please send over a private message with your VIN? I would like to see what I can do to assist with the service codes your Mach E is displaying.
not sure

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I don't know how to PM through this forum.
Click on the little envelope next to your screen name in the header, then hit "Start Conversation", and enter the screen name Ford is using. This starts a conversation thread between you and that party only.

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Truth in advertising:
"The all new Mustang Mach-E - Built Ford Rough!"

I have only had mine a week, but thankfully I was well prepared for issues thanks to this forum. My MME runs and drives great so far, and the fit and finish are very good. But the software issues are incredibly annoying to me, especially because I write software for a living.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Truth in advertising:
"The all new Mustang Mach-E - Built Ford Rough!"

I have only had mine a week, but thankfully I was well prepared for issues thanks to this forum. My MME runs and drives great so far, and the fit and finish are very good. But the software issues are incredibly annoying to me, especially because I write software for a living.
Although I don't write software for a living, I am confident that I find bad software just as annoying as you do!
Sponsored