Car is here. Now what?

Musbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Okay, I just got THE call. Heading to the dealer tomorrow around lunch. Other than Marc's checklist and making sure to check for the 21B02 update, what else do I need to consider or check for? Not going to lie but a little nervous now.
Sponsored

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
The updates are the most important. They have to plug it into OASIS and clear out any issues.

If you go by the checklist, you should be good. Some items can be reviewed later. I'm still checking things a week later.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
If you plan to go through the entire checklist it will take a very long time - just be prepared or prioritize most important stuff. make sure they credit your deposit. Remove VIN from FordPass and scan on site the car ON to set up activation and next steps for PAAk etc while there at the dealer. Have them document anything you notice that is off. You have to bring back later most likely for service to check them.

OP
OP

Musbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
If you plan to go through the entire checklist it will take a very long time - just be prepared or prioritize most important stuff. make sure they credit your deposit. Remove VIN from FordPass and scan on site the car ON to set up activation and next steps for PAAk etc while there at the dealer. Have them document anything you notice that is off. You have to bring back later most likely for service to check them.
The deposit, yes. I had forgotten about that. Thanks!

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I'm in the same boat! Just got the call for my MME FE in the Chicago area. I'll have to find this checklist that is being referred to. I will say my dealer, even though he claimed to have done a number of MME sales over the past few weeks, seemed confused with the Ford Options purchase plan. I was asking about it and he was like "yeah, I will have you at 1.9% for 66 months with $100 cash." I was like "uh, no, let me send you a link to the public site about Ford Options with the 36-month or 48-month and subsequent balloon payment at the end." Hopefully, he can have an understanding of that tomorrow. I was definitely sure to mention the $1,000 reservation fee needing to be applied. Off to find this magical checklist, so I am ready for pickup tomorrow! SO EXCITED!

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I'm in the same boat! Just got the call for my MME FE in the Chicago area. I'll have to find this checklist that is being referred to. I will say my dealer, even though he claimed to have done a number of MME sales over the past few weeks, seemed confused with the Ford Options purchase plan. I was asking about it and he was like "yeah, I will have you at 1.9% for 66 months with $100 cash." I was like "uh, no, let me send you a link to the public site about Ford Options with the 36-month or 48-month and subsequent balloon payment at the end." Hopefully, he can have an understanding of that tomorrow. I was definitely sure to mention the $1,000 reservation fee needing to be applied. Off to find this magical checklist, so I am ready for pickup tomorrow! SO EXCITED!
The only other thing I'd say that isn't on the checklist is to test out the electronic speed limiter. Not saying I did that, but if I did then it was a good way to check for rattles. And fun.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
here is the checklist
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-delivery-pickup-checklist.3337/

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Next step: drive it like you stole it

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Okay, I just got THE call. Heading to the dealer tomorrow around lunch. Other than Marc's checklist and making sure to check for the 21B02 update, what else do I need to consider or check for? Not going to lie but a little nervous now.
Depends in part on how good your dealer/salesperson is. Mine had the checklist from Ford for setting up the car. It matched the checklist I had. We walked through all the steps in maybe 20 minutes or so and, when done, FordPass was setup, modem activated, PAAK setup, door entry codes set up, backup start code setup, plug and charge setup, etc. There were still a lot of personal preference settings that I made over the following week or two but I drove away with a perfectly functioning Mach-E. Hope your dealer is as good as mine.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I can’t remember if it is on the checklist, but the Mach E emblems on the side have not always been glued down well. Make sure they are firmly attached. Make sure you know what financing you want and if they want to sell you a better deal make them do the math.

Other than that, have fun on the drive home!

Ructtel

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR RWD, Chevy Bolt, Subaru Outback
Country flag
I was not as happy with the dealership experience and I have a few tips that might help. Everyone was friendly and tried to be helpful, but it took almost 5 hours to pick up the car and that did not even include the test drive. In the end, I did get the X-plan price, the $1500 California Clean Fuel Rebate, the $2500 Ford Finance discount, and the $100 Driver Assist Package discount. So, I'm happy with the final price but they kept quoting monthly payments that were way to high. Finally, after showing them the finance calculator on the Ford web site, they admitted they added an extended warranty, maintenance plan, and gap insurance into the price. Even after I repeatedly told them I was not interested in any dealer addons, they tried to sneak a $1500 paint protection charge into the final paperwork. To be fair, I was the first customer at this dealer to do the California Clean Fuel Rebate and the Ford Option financing. So, that probably contributed to the slow process and I did get a fair price in the end.

A couple of tips:
  • Insist on doing the test drive by yourself. I enjoyed the Tesla test drive much more because I was able to spend an hour with the car without distractions from the sales guy or concerns about COVID.
  • Be clear what dealer options you want or don't want upfront.
  • Know what finance option you want, the rate you expect, and the approximate monthly payment.
  • If your dealer has a sign and drive option were the paperwork is ready when you arrive, do that.
  • Carefully review all the pricing on the final sales contract. Thankfully, the law requires this contract to clearly show all the finance charges, dealer addons, etc.
Hope this helps.