Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey , can you tell me if this is normal or not?

My charging cord kept going orange so I took it into Ford Dealership and they asked me to leave the car too to test it for faults. I told them the car is not signaling any alerts but I'll leave it for them to test whatever testing they need to go through. They said they need to keep it for a few days. I'm guessing they are just going to run my miles down in my car to get the battery lower and charging. Im not too thrilled with them throwing miles on my car but I guess thats normal?? Any who, today I look at GPS and its 8PM ET. My car is at an apartment complex and not at the dealership. I am so worried about it being in a parking lot like that because I take good care of my car because its not a cheap car. It never parks outside the garage and I usually handwash/detail it myself.

Is it normal for employees to bring home the car they are servicing?
When are car was delivered to the dealership I told the sales mgr no test drives in our new GTPE. He assured me ok. Next day to pick up with 29 miles on the clock and 1.7 kWh trip history. Smelled like,smoke. My review of the deal caught owners eye and he wanted me to come in and talk about it. No reason since every comment in every social post to car cruises I told every person the lousy service and use of our new car. Buy your Ford anywhere else.
Sponsored

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
I have a dashcam in all of my cars. Back in 2016, my 7 year old sedan was in a minor accident and needed paint work. I reviewed the dashcam after they painted it. I saw the guy used it to pick up his gf/wife from an apartment complex. It wasn't anything bad so I didn't say anything.

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
I would not be conciliatory or patient. I would be aggressive.

I would call the police, explain the situation and tell them that you want to take possession of your property from where you did not authorize it to be.

Come day time, reschedule with another dealer. Also call Ford to report the dealer.

I can understand a service department needing to drive short stretches but not to take a vehicle to a non-dealer location. If the dealer does not have the type of charger needed for testing, and that they would take the vehicle elsewhere they should have disclosed that fact.

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
This happened to me once when a same day service unexpectedly became an overnight. Seemed fair enough though since I had my sale’s person’s personal MME. I sent him a text with an screenshot of ford pass and he sent me a photo of my car well protected and charging in his garage.
I'm just way to cautious to allow this. Even though insurance follows the vehicle, not the person, I would not want to drive a service manager's personal car. Just way too much potential for something bad to happen that could have negative outcomes.

mikenindorf

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
On this " My charging cord kept going orange " if you are referring the lights.
I had the that happen a couple of times.
I was told to unplug the charge from the wall, for about 10 minutes and then plug it back in.
Unpluggin the charger and leaving it unplugged for a couple of minutes worked both times.

dadwagn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I would absolutely break in and get my car back. Just take an Uber and hop the fence. For all you know, it was stolen from the dealership where it was supposed to be. You have every right to monitor your car and you do not need to justify anything to the dealership if they accuse you of spying on them. It's your car.
Sponsored