Car Profile Issues

CarDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER Premium 2022
Country flag
Since the last few updates (not complaining about finally getting consistent updates), my car often switches to the guest profile and refuses to switch back. I've been using the "add new profile" trick to get the ability to switch back, but I have had to do this three times in the last week.

This was not an issue before and is probably a bug due to one of the updates. I can at least change the profile photo on my account now in the car....so is there a trade-off?

Has anyone else noticed this new software bug?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yes, quite a few people have noticed it.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Yes many are experiencing this bug.

Another temporary solution is to reboot sync.

I have tried the add another profile, I now have three + guest, but find the car still defaults to guest sometimes. The difference is now I can press the 1 button on the door and it will select my profile where before I added the third profile I could only get my profile selected if I rebooted sync.

bamberge

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE AWD
Country flag
+1

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yup, same for me.

Started with either 3.5.3 or 3.5.4. Really annoying , and it would be nice if Ford could at least acknowledge the problem and give us an idea of when we'll see the fix.
It might fix itself after a while. My car hasn't had any additional updates and after about 2 weeks the issue sort of dissolved. Meaning, the guest profile appeared less and less until it appeared to go away completely. I haven't seen the guest profile load in 3 or 4 days now.

Weird but sometimes these things seem to correct themselves over time.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Dido: have the same issue

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It might fix itself after a while. My car hasn't had any additional updates and after about 2 weeks the issue sort of dissolved. Meaning, the guest profile appeared less and less until it appeared to go away completely. I haven't seen the guest profile load in 3 or 4 days now.

Weird but sometimes these things seem to correct themselves over time.
Initially I thought it had fixed itself, but it's still flakey. The first time it happened I couldn't even manually switch back to my profile, either from the door buttons or from the touchscreen. That seemed to resolve itself the next day. But unfortunately I still get Guest profile at some frequency (maybe every couple of days), though the behavior is a little different. It often seems to recognize PAAK and even adjusts the seat to my settings when I open the door, but then touchscreen will be on Guest profile. Often I don't even notice it until I start driving and realize one-pedal mode is off. Thankfully, with the exception of that first time I can at least manually switch it back to my profile. FWIW, prior to the recent updates I had never observed this problem even once.

OP
OP
CarDreams

CarDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER Premium 2022
Country flag
I also noticed the issue when I started driving and the 1-PD was off. I almost blew a stop sign.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
My fix by unlinking my phone from my profile in the Sync panel and re-linking it still is working for me. I think it works because it forces the profile to be rewritten, but that’s just a guess. Some people here think it’s a red herring, but I had the problem, I unlinked and re-linked the phone, and I haven’t had the problem since now almost a month later, so 🤷‍♂️ .

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My fix by unlinking my phone from my profile in the Sync panel and re-linking it still is working for me. I think it works because it forces the profile to be rewritten, but that’s just a guess. Some people here think it’s a red herring, but I had the problem, I unlinked and re-linked the phone, and I haven’t had the problem since now almost a month later, so 🤷‍♂️ .
I might give this a shot later today. Thanks!

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I might give this a shot later today. Thanks!
Make sure you have your fob handy. If I remember correctly (I’m old), once I cleared the phone link I needed my fob to re-link it again, but I did so much that weekend it’s all kind of a blur.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Are you deleting the new profiles you make to max out the number in the system? You gotta keep them unfortunately. I just have a third one named Test and keep it there. No reason for me to have a third profile until my kid turns 16 in 6 years lol.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I've had this happen a couple of times after 3.5.4 but the biggest issue I have is my driver door won't unlock unless I unlock one of the other 3 doors first.
Sponsored