tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
This happens when I park on even the slightest incline. I push the brake, put the car in park, let my foot off. the car keeps rocking back and forth until I put my foot on the brake again. It also did it to me in a walmart parking lot the other day. . I've never had a car do this to me before it is a strange sensation. Wife's lexus, you stop, you are stopped, doesn't move another inch.
I have 1pd on, I don't use autohold because it is a pain to remember to undo through car washes(yes we need a carwash mode)
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Set the parking brake.

The rocking is the car hitting the parking pawl and trying to break it.

Ford has eliminated that pawl in future production.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
This happens when I park on even the slightest incline. I push the brake, put the car in park, let my foot off. the car keeps rocking back and forth until I put my foot on the brake again. It also did it to me in a walmart parking lot the other day. . I've never had a car do this to me before it is a strange sensation. Wife's lexus, you stop, you are stopped, doesn't move another inch.
I have 1pd on, I don't use autohold because it is a pain to remember to undo through car washes(yes we need a carwash mode)
As stated, use your parking brake, especially on any incline.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
sounds like you are still rolling when you put into Park..... which is pretty hard on the pawls.
I would highly suggest you:
- brake to a stop
- apply the electronic Parking Brake
- THEN shift to Park

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
sounds like you are still rolling when you put into Park..... which is pretty hard on the pawls.
I would highly suggest you:
- brake to a stop
- apply the electronic Parking Brake
- THEN shift to Park
Thats an interesting way to do it. I normally brake to a stop, put in park (Foot still on the brake), apply the park brake, then release brake pedal. If you accidentally release the brake after applying the parking brake and you are not in park, the parking brake will auto-release.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This is normal, my 2019 Honda Odyssey did it too. First I’ve heard that it’s bad to not let it do it though.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
When did the eliminate it? So it has no parking pawl at all?
They have not yet eliminated it. This was one of the things on the hit list that also included simplification of the cooling system. It would require a complete re-engineering of the transaxle, so I would not expect it for a couple of years. 😊🐩

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
FWIW, Putting car in neutral and then press L enables car wash mode

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Thats an interesting way to do it. I normally brake to a stop, put in park (Foot still on the brake), apply the park brake, then release brake pedal. If you accidentally release the brake after applying the parking brake and you are not in park, the parking brake will auto-release.
doesn't matter if EITHER your foot or parking brake is engaged before you shift to park you are all set..... I drive around with auto-hold all the time, so my foot might not be on the brake, so I've started putting the emergency brake on before shifting to park. ;)
Sponsored