Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So I noticed this morning that there were some sort of dried-on fingerprints on the passenger seat of my car after the Earth Day show. I got it cleaned up using Armorall Detailer/Protectant and a microfiber towel, but what kind of parent lets their kid crawl into someone else’s car with sticky fingers? 😕🤬🐩
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My car was locked. I let one person see inside. ;)

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah mine was locked most of the time. I opened the lift gate to show someone the cargo area and had a bunch of people asking me questions. pretty much the only time the car was unlocked and I was not sitting in it or standing next to the doors. Too bad the stupid car won’t lock if the lift gate is open. 😕🐩

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
So I noticed this morning that there were some sort of dried-on fingerprints on the passenger seat of my car after the Earth Day show. I got it cleaned up using Armorall Detailer/Protectant and a microfiber towel, but what kind of parent lets their kid crawl into someone else’s car with sticky fingers? 😕🤬🐩
So is the title of the thread referring to…..
A. The fingerprints
B. The kid
C. The parents
D. All of the above

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
How do you know it was children with sticky fingers, not adults?

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
How do you know it was children with sticky fingers, not adults?
Smallish spots on the seat and interior door handle where a sub-10 year old would touch. Could have been a really small adult, I guess. Apologies to all the kids out there since it *might* have been a small adult. 🤪🐩

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
My five year old’s side of the car always looks like this. I use the Meguiars interior detailer spray and it’s good as new.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Women with hand cream on.

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I'm super picky when it comes to keeping my car clean, but at car shows, I'm always right there when people look at my car and always happy to let people sit in the driver's seat. Most people when I say it's okay to open the door and check it out are hesitant anyway. I've never had anyone be less than extremely respectful of my car, and most won't even get too close. I'm usually like, "yeah! Hop in, check it out! Press all the buttons and look at everything, ask all the questions!" I only had to remind one parent the other day, not to let their kid lean on the car though. I am still mindful of scratches at all times. But I got a great detailer to make her pretty after everyone leaves some finger prints on her and the ceramic coating helps so much!

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I'm super picky when it comes to keeping my car clean, but at car shows, I'm always right there when people look at my car and always happy to let people sit in the driver's seat. Most people when I say it's okay to open the door and check it out are hesitant anyway. I've never had anyone be less than extremely respectful of my car, and most won't even get too close. I'm usually like, "yeah! Hop in, check it out! Press all the buttons and look at everything, ask all the questions!" I only had to remind one parent the other day, not to let their kid lean on the car though. I am still mindful of scratches at all times. But I got a great detailer to make her pretty after everyone leaves some finger prints on her and the ceramic coating helps so much!
Yeah, I used to leave everything open in my Trans Am at shows. Never had fingerprints on it. Most people were interested in the underpinnings or the engine anyhow and nobody ever touched anything. 😎🐩

I noticed there were similar fingerprints on the outside of the passenger door as well. Definitely from someone who was well below average adult height and smaller fingers. 😱🐩

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Only issue I had after Earth Day show this weekend was the head light switch got flipped to on rather than auto. Took me a few minutes after I got home to figure out why the headlights were still on

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just think of the kid, inspired by your Mach E, growing up to be the next generation of engineers pushing the envelope of technology. Sticky fingers are a small price to pay.

I took mine to an ev car show a few weeks ago and was happy to let anyone sit inside, open doors, ask questions, etc... You never know where inspiration comes from.

I had one kid, probably about 7 who knew everything about my Mach E and every other EV at the show. His parents brought him just to help feed his curiosity.

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
:eek::eek::eek:

The same parents that let their kids eat in the car, do it as well yet don't clean the mess :D

Mr67gta

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford, 1967 Mustang GTA, DMG 2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A friend of mine caught a woman changing her baby's poopy diaper on the front seat of his classic car
Sponsored