car sometimes locks (but doesn't not arm alarm) immediately after closing door/hatch

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Sometimes when I open the rear liftgate, finish up, and close the gate, it locks the car immediately after the liftgate closes (the mirrors fold in too). (FWIW, it locks but does not turn the alarm on, because when I walk away the horn honks when the alarm is turned on)

Secondary issue...When this happens, about half the time the door open buttons then do not work and I have to unlock the door with the fob.

Any idea what's going on or how to fix it?

The same thing happens some times when I open the rear driverside door and close it (The whole car locks immediately after closing it and I have trouble getting in the driver door.)

I do have walk-away lock turn on and it works great. As soon as I'm about 5 feet away, the car locks up, the mirrors fold, and the horn honks. But this problem is when I'm at the door touching the car and it locks as soon as the ljftgate or a door closes.

Build 2 car (Nov build date).

cc: @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That happened to me today and I thought maybe I locked my keys in the back. I was still close to the car when it honked within a few seconds of pushing the fob twice to close the back. Lucky I was home, so got my husbands fob and opened it. my fob was not Inside the car. My thoughts were jeesh it would be easy to get locked out of the car.

L4z3rUsLOng

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER Prem
Country flag
2021 job 1 car, it seems from reading the manual that the only time the alarm arms is when you use the key fob with a double press. The manual seems to imply that to. Neither walk away nor pressing the lock button on the pillar will arm it. I am getting the alarm state from the FordPass widget app. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Sponsored