Car Stopped Sending Updates (Charging, Mileage, etc)

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4XE, 2017 BMW i3 94wh
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So I couldn't find a similar thread in the sea of Ford Pass threads...

Over the weekend, my car stopped sending updates. Both the vehicle dashboard on the website and Ford Pass are stuck on Saturday's data. Ford pass thinks it is up do date, but the mileage is now about 100 miles off and the battery level is completely wrong (I'm currently charging, and have no eyes on the charge level). I've tried resetting sync and uninstalling ford pass to no avail. I am also unable to lock, unlock, or start the car remotely now.

@Utahridge had what I thought was the winning fix that avoided a master reset! His solution from post #7 is copied below.

In your vehicle, navigate to CONNECTIVITY under SETTINGS. Then choose CONNECTED VEHICLE FEATURES. Before proceeding, take note of all of the settings in this menu as you will need to turn them all back on individually after the next step. Now unselect VEHICLE CONNECTIVITY – this will disconnect your Mach-E from the mothership.​

After unselecting VEHICLE CONNECTIVITY, wait a minute or two and then reselect VEHICLE CONNECTIVITY. At this point, you will need to turn all of the individual features back on that were disabled when you disconnected from Ford's servers.​

After following the above steps, I've been fully connected with my Mach-E via FordPass with no issues.​

Unfortunately, the issue came back the very next day. What ultimately worked was a weird mix of patience and luck:

It got in this weird state where it would work when Fordpass was uninstalled and installing Fordpass/setting up PaaK would kill it. After waiting a day, I reinstalled Fordpass and connectivity was good again, but PaaK would not connect to Bluetooth. Another 2 days of waiting and PaaK magically fixed itself.​
I would say the connectivity reset works - it just takes a TON of patience (3 days for me) Also, avoid deleting Fordpass for this problem. It exacerbated the problem.

In other news my GPS and compass went absolutely bonkers yesterday. 24 hours later, it too is back to normal.
Sponsored

Last edited:

iNeedANameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD
Country flag

Over the weekend, my car stopped sending updates. Both the vehicle dashboard on the website and Ford Pass are stuck on Saturday's data. Ford pass thinks it is up do date, but the mileage is now about 100 miles off and the battery level is completely wrong (I'm currently charging, and have no eyes on the charge level). I've tried resetting sync and uninstalling ford pass to no avail. I am also unable to lock, unlock, or start the car remotely now.

Any help would be huge - at the current point in time, I'm REALLY trying to avoid a master reset.
Mine did this. I had to completely remove my Mach-E from my Ford account, delete the app off my phone, preform a master reset on the car. After doing that I let the car sit overnight and then readded the Mach E to my account and set up Paak and everything else again. The overnight/a few hours waiting to set up again part is very important. I did all the resets without waiting and it never worked. Saw a comment here to wait a few hours before setting everything up again and it worked first try.

Swhittier

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Any help would be huge - at the current point in time, I'm REALLY trying to avoid a master reset.
I hope this problem is out of the ordinary

OP
OP
ChargedCheese

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I gave you wow faces as thanks - I don't "like" that I have to master reset the car. Still, thanks for your input and experience.

I'm usually in a huge hurry in the morning, so this will have to wait until the weekend ?

Utahridge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E Premium 4x
Country flag
I had the exact same thing happen to me over the weekend (on Saturday to be specific) and this is how I successfully resolved the problem.

In your vehicle, navigate to CONNECTIVITY under SETTINGS. Then choose CONNECTED VEHICLE FEATURES. Before proceeding, take note of all of the settings in this menu as you will need to turn them all back on individually after the next step. Now unselect VEHICLE CONNECTIVITY – this will disconnect your Mach-E from the mothership.

After unselecting VEHICLE CONNECTIVITY, wait a minute or two and then reselect VEHICLE CONNECTIVITY. At this point, you will need to turn all of the individual features back on that were disabled when you disconnected from Ford's servers.

After following the above steps, I've been fully connected with my Mach-E via FordPass with no issues.

I hope this works for you as well. Good luck!

OP
OP
ChargedCheese

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had the exact same thing happen to me over the weekend (on Saturday to be specific) and this is how I successfully resolved the problem.

In your vehicle, navigate to CONNECTIVITY under SETTINGS. Then choose CONNECTED VEHICLE FEATURES. Before proceeding, take note of all of the settings in this menu as you will need to turn them all back on individually after the next step. Now unselect VEHICLE CONNECTIVITY – this will disconnect your Mach-E from the mothership.

After unselecting VEHICLE CONNECTIVITY, wait a minute or two and then reselect VEHICLE CONNECTIVITY. At this point, you will need to turn all of the individual features back on that were disabled when you disconnected from Ford's servers.

After following the above steps, I've been fully connected with my Mach-E via FordPass with no issues.

I hope this works for you as well. Good luck!
I'll try this on the ride home - it sounds like our issue happened at the same time. Fingers crossed.

likescookies

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2004 Camry
Country flag
I have the same problem (started Jan 5 for me) and just got back from the dealer. They decided the modem is the problem and are ordering me a new one. I hope one of the less invasive methods suggested in this thread works for you!

OP
OP
ChargedCheese

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have the same problem (started Jan 5 for me) and just got back from the dealer. They decided the modem is the problem and are ordering me a new one. I hope one of the less invasive methods suggested in this thread works for you!
Ohh that stinks.

OP
OP
ChargedCheese

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So @Utahridge suggestion worked! I avoided the master reset and had the connection restored in no time. I'm going to update the top post to reflect his suggestion in an attempt to help others.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
They may be wrong.

likescookies

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2004 Camry
Country flag
They may be wrong.
Totally possible. But I can't even try the fix suggested above because when I go to expand Connected Vehicle Features in SYNC, it times out and never even gives me the option to disconnect the vehicle. I've tried working with the Ford Connect team. I think it's either the modem or a global reset at this point.

OP
OP
ChargedCheese

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
time to update this again. The solution I thought worked was a bandaid - I'm slowly losing more connected features. I'm going to do a master reset today :( Resetting the connectivity is no longer fixing the issue. I've also now completely lost PaaK.

Utahridge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E Premium 4x
Country flag
time to update this again. The solution I thought worked was a bandaid - I'm slowly losing more connected features. I'm going to do a master reset today :( Resetting the connectivity is no longer fixing the issue. I've also now completely lost PaaK.
Sorry to hear that. I'm still going strong. You must be experiencing a different issue. Best of luck resolving this problem.
Sponsored