Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I didn't ask if the battery was in it, but you're probably right.

I know car dealerships can lie, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I mentioned the gap on the back. He said if it was not to my satisfaction then he will work till it is. We talked about possibly totalling it out. I signed that I allowed him to work on it, not that I would 100 percent take it back.

Hopefully it's a lesson learned for the tech. I love my car, and don't want another color or to wait to get another. But if it's not fixed correctly, then that will have to be a road I'll go down. Like I said to me, it's just a car. It's not a huge issue to me. He clearly felt bad, and we've all done dumb things in our lives.
make them buy that back. No way you accept that. That's not minor damage.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Received a call today from shop manager at the Ford dealership where my car is... started out, "I never want to make this call". He explained that while working on the car, it somehow fell off the rack that had it lifted up and had damage on the driver side. He was VERY apologetic, and asked me to come down and see the car. I had to sign a document saying that I give them permission to fix the car.

Once there, we looked at it and he explained what happened. Basically, someone messed up. Obviously. I told him not to worry, its a car that can be fixed. He was very glad I wasn't upset and causing a scene. Things like this do not happen often, but most of the time people are not as easy going.

He then told me that they still don't know what the problem is, and that it would likely be several weeks before it is fixed, and then fixed at their body shop. Only thing I was worried about was that there would be something on carfax about this, for when I trade it in at some point I would get a lower price. He assured me that it would not be entered in the system.

They gave me a tiny 4 door Kia car from Enterprise originally. Today he put me on the list for a Ford loaner, saying that a newer F-150 should be in soon. I told him that was fine and I appreciated it. The entire time he explained how sorry he was, and that he would be handling my case personally, gave me his card. He hopes to have an update within a week and that my car is his priority. Not sure if it is true, but he did seem genuine. I stressed again that it is just a car, and glad that nobody got hurt.

Needless to say that customer service is much better now, but almost had to be. Few pics of the car. Left side damage, and the trunk you can tell the gap on the left is bigger than on the right. Hopefully it is an easy fix and not a frame issue. He promised me that the car would be at 100% when they are done with it.

IMG_2713_20220601_151319.jpg
IMG_2711_20220601_151319.jpg
IMG_2710_20220601_151319.jpg
IMG_2714_20220601_151319.jpg
I was already feeling bad for you and then this. Very sorry to hear/see.

I 100% echo what others have said - start the buy-back process. You're way more calm about this than I'd ever be, so kudos there, but that's quite a bit of damage. I agree things happen and can understand it, but there should be bigger consequences for this sort of negligence in my opinion.

I believe I've seen others go through a buy-back and have Ford somehow reserve a replacement for them. No idea how that panned out for them, but it's something I'd be looking at. I'd personally be trying to connect with the Ford big-wigs on Twitter/etc to get something done.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I didn't ask if the battery was in it, but you're probably right.

I know car dealerships can lie, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I mentioned the gap on the back. He said if it was not to my satisfaction then he will work till it is. We talked about possibly totalling it out. I signed that I allowed him to work on it, not that I would 100 percent take it back.

Hopefully it's a lesson learned for the tech. I love my car, and don't want another color or to wait to get another. But if it's not fixed correctly, then that will have to be a road I'll go down. Like I said to me, it's just a car. It's not a huge issue to me. He clearly felt bad, and we've all done dumb things in our lives.
I'm not saying you should take steps to replace the car with a new one because you want to blame the shop or get someone in trouble.

I think that some of us who have had accidents and damage believe that your car probably cannot be fixed to be anywhere near what it was before your breakdown. It may look cosmetically fine but you will have problems for the rest of the time you have the car.

You have the best chance of getting a priority ordered car now, and have much less leverage if you have them try and patch that up for several months.

Of course this is a personal decision, but I'm not sure many would choose the path you have.

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I only owe 36k on the car. I don't want them to pay off the loan, then have to finance a 70k car. Or give me a trade in of some low ball offer. The same dealership is selling a Select with 17k miles for 70k. I don't want anything other than a Mach-E, I really do love the car. Only thing I wish I had was glass roof and 360 camera. I don't want to wait months for another car if they buy it back. I've put new rims and tires, tinted the back lights, added a spoiler and mud flaps. Lots to change over.

I really don't mind waiting, my '68 is turn key, very dependable. And I enjoy riding my bike. Work, the gym, and kids school are all within 12 miles. I don't drive far.

Maybe I am too calm, it's just not a big deal to me. We'll see how it goes, and maybe have to change paths depending on how things turn out.

Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I only owe 36k on the car. I don't want them to pay off the loan, then have to finance a 70k car. Or give me a trade in of some low ball offer. The same dealership is selling a Select with 17k miles for 70k. I don't want anything other than a Mach-E, I really do love the car. Only thing I wish I had was glass roof and 360 camera. I don't want to wait months for another car if they buy it back.

I really don't mind waiting, my '68 is turn key, very dependable. And I enjoy riding my bike. Work, the gym, and kids school are all within 12 miles. I don't drive far.

Maybe I am too calm, it's just not a big deal to me. We'll see how it goes, and maybe have to change paths depending on how things turn out.
I don't think it has anything to do with being calm or whatever. It is the fact that you'll have lasting damage/issues that can effect your equity in the vehicle. They literally pay off the loan and give you a check for the additional for what you paid... You can do the exact same thing you did now - buy one and put $XX down so your loan is only $36k. You can also not do that route and do a buyback and repurchase, where they get you bumped up the queue (with enough pushing) and you get a new car and only pay whatever price difference there may be. You can even upgrade to get the glass roof and 360 camera or downgrade to a Premium, whatever you want to do. In the latter case, they'll usually want to resell your car anyways, as a buyback lets them still sell it and a lemon makes it unsellable, so they'll still fix it up and let you drive it until the new one comes in.

People are just trying to make you aware that it isn't that much more of a hassle and you would be looking out for yourself in the long run. Once you actually let them fix it, you'll have a WAY harder chance of getting them to agree to a buyback, near impossible I'd say.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I have one on order now. But starting to think twice about getting a MME. Reading all these problems. I want a car I can rely on. One that you don't need special instructions to tow. Not sure MME is ready for primetime.
Todd I agree if you don't feel comfortable I would get another car. Please don't cancel your order and just take delivery and put both our names on the car and I'll pay you $500 for your trouble and pay cash for the Mach E. I'll even help you shop for another vehicle if that would help. LMK ;)

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
2 week update. My point of contact today told me that they have one more test to run to try and determine the problem. Should have an answer by today.

Replacement parts were ordered yesterday for the body repairs. Yesterday he was told to let us know before repair starts so we can look at it again. Stressed that we were worried about the frame.

Today I returned the Kia sedan I had. They gave me a 2022 F-150 with 66 miles on it, and a full tank of gas. Communication has been pretty good, but he still stressed it will be "a while".

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Your understanding and calm demeanor is absolutely admirable, absolutely and completely inspiring. I would love to have someone like you on my team in the face of any adversity.

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
The options were, baby Bronco, Explorer, Expedition, or the F-150.

Those are all good good ideas and I planned on doing most. Especially the high speed and frame check. That's why we wanted him to let us know when parts off and up on a rack.

I do want something in writing about if I get dinged on trade in. I've already thought about reconsider not having it reported. I'd feel bad trading it in, and someone else buying it and it not being disclosed.

Added it to Ford Pass. I honestly didn't know it would have remote start and scheduled start. Thought that was only an EV thing. I will say, it took about 10 seconds. I know it's not PaaK, but extremely easy setting up Android auto and adding it to Ford Pass.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer Screenshot_20220607-163225_FordPass

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Wow, very admirable behavior in light of what happened. Best of luck to you however it works out, but while still being respectful and nice about it I'd seriously be doing what I could to get into a new one, without any extra expense on your part. Granted that might only happen on Fantasy Island, but holy hell, what a mistake. Bare minimum, no repair, all new parts, door panels, etc.

They are lucky there wasn't anyone next it when it happened.

Last edited:

ZoNiE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Rav4 EV, 2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm pretty sure a small town dealer dropped my explorer sport trac off the rack. Brought it in for transmission service, and drove 200 miles home (we were spending the summer in the mountains) and it wobbled the whole way. Initially I thought it was just the folding table in the bed and wind causing it, but when I drove it with the bed empty it was the same. Turns out, the left rear axle was broken. I could have lost a wheel coming down the mountain twisties. They never said a word, but I know for sure the vehicle was damaged at the dealership as it was fine when I brought it in.

For the dealer to require you to sign a form to let them fix it is admission that they screwed up, but cannot hide it, and will reduce your rights if they cannot fix it properly. That MME Should probably be totaled. Also, if they admittedly broke your car, you should be getting as like a vehicle as a rental as possible. Enterprise has more than just tiny Kias. you should have gotten at least a small suv. They just didn't want to pay for it.

Reading all of this, I'm now concerned that this car may have the same serviceability issues as my previuous EV which was a Toyota Rav4 with a Tesla Motor and battery. Only one dealer in the Phoenix area could service it, and their one tech decided to tell them to pack sand and moved to a dealership much farther away. It was not a fun experience, and twice it took a month to fix due to the tech skill and availability. At least this car is all Ford and I can beat them up if they cannot fix it.

I'm also forced to decide if I want my MME to be serviced by the dealership I bought it at, 30 miles away, or one that is 6 miles away, but the same company as the dealership that damaged my Explorer... Ughh... All of these car companies and dealers need to copy Lexus service methods.

Also what others said, that car will never be right again. We had a Volvo S40 turbo that got slightly hit in the left front quarter. That car never drove right again so we traded it in. Sad, as it was a 6 speed stick and fun as hell to drive.

As for the bodywork, you think they would do that while they are waiting to do the other repairs, unless it's a parts issue too...

Last edited:

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
No one will buy your Mach E at the same value of comparable Mach Es with not damage, I am not sure about it not going on Carfax but that damage will require a lot of paint and work, the colors will mismatch most likely, I would not touch that car under any circumstances after knowing what happened to it, it's not common but that's a dealer's nightmare what happened to your car, and the way you reacted, almost never happens!

You do what you like doing but it's a car, I am in San Diego I work next to the railyard, tons of Fords are offloaded daily, there are 20 Mavericks and maybe 20 Broncos sitting at the yard today, new will come and those go, last week there were about 20-25 Mach Es, they are coming!

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Good points to consider, thanks.

Got a call today, left a voicemail. Said the problem is the Fmbo module, or something like that. It's back ordered... June 26th is the expected arrival date.

I travel July 10th to 16th, then the 19th to the 29th. I typically leave the car at the airport because I dont want my wife dropping me off and picking me up early and late. I'm hoping it's done by then, or we've come to some other resolution. He said body work can't be done till the car is working again.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Good points to consider, thanks.

Got a call today, left a voicemail. Said the problem is the Fmbo module, or something like that. It's back ordered... June 26th is the expected arrival date.

I travel July 10th to 16th, then the 19th to the 29th. I typically leave the car at the airport because I dont want my wife dropping me off and picking me up early and late. I'm hoping it's done by then, or we've come to some other resolution. He said body work can't be done till the car is working again.
Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored