Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Hahahaha seriously? THAT doesn't sound like the experience you want? Not any of his earlier posts?
Sponsored

Rich_Maine

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is perfectly stated. If I had a Mach-E on order, in this market, and I had a family that relied on my car being safe, I would buy the car, turn right around, and sell it, pocket some profit, pocket the tax credit, and buy a car from a different maker at this point. That way it takes a tax credit incentive away from another sale by Ford, someone out there gets a car for likely less than a dealership is going to gouge them, you come ahead with a big win, and Ford misses out on another sale. If that is what it takes to get Ford to acknowledge there is a bigger problem that needs to be addressed, right now, so be it.

I don't understand how the windshield reseal recall was such a priority, when the issue that was supposedly addressed, has happened to exactly no one. This has been given no action other than repairing the cars it has already happened to, by replacing the parts with the same parts that have failed. That isn't fixing the issue, it's temporary.

Right on the money! Except they can fix the windshield and roof but have zero clue about this far more dangerous failure after how many cars have been produced! Any guess if its fixed on the Lightning? Seriously, replacing a 12v battery doesn't fix this issue, yet it's their go to solution because it's cheaper and can be done.

Rich_Maine

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have one on order now. But starting to think twice about getting a MME. Reading all these problems. I want a car I can rely on. One that you don't need special instructions to tow. Not sure MME is ready for primetime.
Take delivery and sell immediately!

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
I can’t tell you what to do but I’d lawyer up and get a full refund if it was me. Even if the car is fixed to perfect, when you go to sell it they must report that damage on the title. That will heavily deminish the resale value. Most likely looking at a salvage title.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
@fallguy FWIW this happened to me back in the late 80's. I bought a new car (a Honda) and it was back in the days when alarms weren't standard. The dealership sold me an aftermarket alarm which they then had installed. The installer f-up and fried things. Long story short, after many failed attempts to get it right, the dealership ended up telling me they needed to order a replacement wiring harness! I told them that they either needed to give me a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty that covered all possible defect repairs, or give me a new car. To my shock they gave me a new car.

I mention this story because: 1) the dealership messed up big time and caused damage to my car (though dropping a car off the lift and rolling it on its side definitely "wins"), 2) I insisted on an extended warranty or a new car. This was (AFAIK) before Carfax was a thing and frankly I was just a kid who really didn't know what he was doing, otherwise I wouldn't have made the offer of the extended warranty as resolution (assuming they were ever able to actually fix the car).

The big difference was that I only had to wait a few days to get the replacement car, as in New Jersey they were in plentiful supply.

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck! (And as so many others have said, I admire your demeanor in this situation!)

Oh, and I suspect you could (rightly) argue that, having just gone through all that you have with your car, being made to sign an agreement giving the dealership permission to repair your car could be considered signing under duress and therefore should not be legally binding in any way. It doesn't matter that you were "calm" when it happened. The fact that they made you sign permission just so that you could (hopefully) get your car back put you under duress, IMO. (I'm not a lawyer.)

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Thank you. Ted Russell Ford, Kingston Pike, Knoxville TN.

Last edited:

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Thank you. Ted Russell Ford, Kingston Pike, Knoxville TN.
Oh, wow. I had my windshield recall completed by them.

You, Sir, have the patience of Jobe. I wish you the best of luck with this situation

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
PM sent with VIN.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
PM sent with VIN.
I'd recommend that you also send them the name of a lawyer that you hire to force them to make you whole. The car should be totaled. The other term you should be using with them is diminished value. This kind of screw up is something that Ford Corporate and the dealer should be writing checks to make sure it never gets discussed in public.

The folks at Ford and the dealer are not your friends. Never have been and never will be. The lawyer is not either, but you are paying him to represent your interests and make sure that the dealer and/or Ford make you whole on this. He can make sure that Ford ends up paying you enough to cover his bill.

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Talk to a lawyer, show them the doc you signed. Also read up on your state's lemon laws for new cars. At least in mine there is a time window of 30 days although shipping delays of parts or backlog of other vehicles might prevent that time from getting counted (I am not a lawyer). I know we all super love the car but let's not forget what for profit means. If ford is cutting corners, not properly training dealerships, using defective or not properly tested parts that's on them not you. I mean after the pandemic training should not be an issue, corp could get on a zoom call to troubleshoot the problem with the dealer if they really have no idea what's wrong with it.

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
To make matters worse, its pretty obvious that my vehicle is affected by the recent recall. It is what made my car stop in in the middle of the road. No fix for a good while.

Thankfully, I have been in constant contact with someone at Ford about a possible buy back, or lemon law to get a different vehicle. Or possibly trading it in at the dealership for something else. Nothing else I am interested in other than a Bronco... but they are far over priced. 95k for a used Bronco is ridiculous to me. Several 65k-80k too, but damn. Those are lower models. She has been great the past few days, and we're working on seeing what can be done. I have expressed that I do not want the same vehicle back, and that I would like a new one of the same caliber.

Unfortunately, with the recall they won't sell or trade for a new Mach-E until it has been resolved. So I will be in limbo until then at least. I love my Mach-E, and not ready to give up on them just yet.

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Battery issue is fixed. Ford Pass cleared up of all errors. Almost all parts in for the body repairs.

Told them today to wait to fix it until we have our insurance adjuster look at it. He clearly didn't like that. We were very nice about it, but trying to cover bases.

They have a brand new PE there, but since Ford put a stop on all new sales, they can't do anything with it. Very annoying, terrible timing for me.

Inquired about trading it in on something else there, but just not getting straight answers. I want to know what they'd give me on trade, and price on the other vehicle. They offered to take 5k off a 25k markup for a Bronco. I just don't feel like they are working with me enough after thinking on it more and after this recall.

We'll see what happens next. I mean, sure looks like that frame is bent. I don't think they want to pay for it. They have a new Lighting I'd take, make all this go away.

IMG_2711_20220601_151319.jpg

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Battery issue is fixed. Ford Pass cleared up of all errors. Almost all parts in for the body repairs.

Told them today to wait to fix it until we have our insurance adjuster look at it. He clearly didn't like that. We were very nice about it, but trying to cover bases.

They have a brand new PE there, but since Ford put a stop on all new sales, they can't do anything with it. Very annoying, terrible timing for me.

Inquired about trading it in on something else there, but just not getting straight answers. I want to know what they'd give me on trade, and price on the other vehicle. They offered to take 5k off a 25k markup for a Bronco. I just don't feel like they are working with me enough after thinking on it more and after this recall.

We'll see what happens next. I mean, sure looks like that frame is bent. I don't think they want to pay for it. They have a new Lighting I'd take, make all this go away.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer IMG_2711_20220601_151319
What does your lawyer say? If you don't have one by now, you should.

Reactions: ARK

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer IMG_2711_20220601_151319
That car needs to be totaled. Have you opened a case on this fiasco with Ford corporate at least?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

They dropped your car, tell them to open an insurance claim with their insurance and total the vehicle. The fact that they won't even remove the markup on a car, when they should reduce it below MSRP for this crazy nightmare, shows they don't give a rat's ass about you and thought they could just smile the problem away. I'm still not sure why you're taking no one's advice here. The dealer isn't going to do the right thing without being forced to.