Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The dealer isn't going to do the right thing without being forced to.
I won’t go quite that far, but frankly, this isn’t far from the truth imo. They broke your car semipermanently. The reduced value of your repaired car is not insignificant. This needs to be resolved and you need to be made whole.
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Battery issue is fixed. Ford Pass cleared up of all errors. Almost all parts in for the body repairs.

Told them today to wait to fix it until we have our insurance adjuster look at it. He clearly didn't like that. We were very nice about it, but trying to cover bases.

They have a brand new PE there, but since Ford put a stop on all new sales, they can't do anything with it. Very annoying, terrible timing for me.

Inquired about trading it in on something else there, but just not getting straight answers. I want to know what they'd give me on trade, and price on the other vehicle. They offered to take 5k off a 25k markup for a Bronco. I just don't feel like they are working with me enough after thinking on it more and after this recall.

We'll see what happens next. I mean, sure looks like that frame is bent. I don't think they want to pay for it. They have a new Lighting I'd take, make all this go away.

IMG_2711_20220601_151319.jpg
If their 'apology' for this, is to take $5,000 off a $25,000 markup for a Bronco, they are not working with you.

Unfortunately, not everyone will treat you reasonably and with respect just because you are being reasonable and respectful to them.

I think you, unfortunately, need to be more aggressive in your responses to them, make their insurance pony up.

If you don't want to deal with them, don't feel comfortable enough with what is going on to make the right moves for you, you basically have two choices: (1) Give it to your insurance company, probably fastest way to get $$$ in your hand if you need it right away, and let your insurance company worry about recovering from them, or (2) if you don't want your insurance involved/don't fully trust your insurance either and you don't need a payout right away, lawyer up, as others have said to sue them.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Received a call today from shop manager at the Ford dealership where my car is... started out, "I never want to make this call". He explained that while working on the car, it somehow fell off the rack that had it lifted up and had damage on the driver side. He was VERY apologetic, and asked me to come down and see the car. I had to sign a document saying that I give them permission to fix the car.

Once there, we looked at it and he explained what happened. Basically, someone messed up. Obviously. I told him not to worry, its a car that can be fixed. He was very glad I wasn't upset and causing a scene. Things like this do not happen often, but most of the time people are not as easy going.

He then told me that they still don't know what the problem is, and that it would likely be several weeks before it is fixed, and then fixed at their body shop. Only thing I was worried about was that there would be something on carfax about this, for when I trade it in at some point I would get a lower price. He assured me that it would not be entered in the system.

They gave me a tiny 4 door Kia car from Enterprise originally. Today he put me on the list for a Ford loaner, saying that a newer F-150 should be in soon. I told him that was fine and I appreciated it. The entire time he explained how sorry he was, and that he would be handling my case personally, gave me his card. He hopes to have an update within a week and that my car is his priority. Not sure if it is true, but he did seem genuine. I stressed again that it is just a car, and glad that nobody got hurt.

Needless to say that customer service is much better now, but almost had to be. Few pics of the car. Left side damage, and the trunk you can tell the gap on the left is bigger than on the right. Hopefully it is an easy fix and not a frame issue. He promised me that the car would be at 100% when they are done with it.

IMG_2713_20220601_151319.jpg
IMG_2711_20220601_151319.jpg
IMG_2710_20220601_151319.jpg
IMG_2714_20220601_151319.jpg
Wow is this a story for 20/20 or what? That looks totaled? No way, this is so sad and you my friend are the nicest customer they could have hope for this to happen. You need a new car. The dealership has to have insurance for this! This forum is really eye opening. I cannot believe this happened. What a cluster…
Sorry:(( really hope this goes your way, whatever that is.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Thank you Ford Motor Company, this needs to be made right. No way around it. Thank you, and I hope to see what happens. This will affect my decision to buy one. So I’ll stay tuned and hope for the best for this customer.

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I don't have a lawyer. Worried about not winning and then having to pay. I'm hoping bring in our insurance will keep them honest, and if needed can total it out.

I have been in contact with someone from Ford corporate, got contacted after reading this thread. She's working as a liason with the dealership, which is privately owned, on what we can do with the car depending on how bad it is. She's had me gather my receipts on the rim and tires, tint, spoiler, floor mats and mud flaps. Because if I can't get another Mach-E, I can't transfer any of that over.

This recall and stop of selling Mach-E's came at the worst time for me. I'd have to get something else, or wait possibly months for it to be resolved to get another. So I have been looking at Broncos. Just refuse to pay a huge markup.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't have a lawyer. Worried about not winning and then having to pay. I'm hoping bring in our insurance will keep them honest, and if needed can total it out.

I have been in contact with someone from Ford corporate, got contacted after reading this thread. She's working as a liason with the dealership, which is privately owned, on what we can do with the car depending on how bad it is. She's had me gather my receipts on the rim and tires, tint, spoiler, floor mats and mud flaps. Because if I can't get another Mach-E, I can't transfer any of that over.

This recall and stop of selling Mach-E's came at the worst time for me. I'd have to get something else, or wait possibly months for it to be resolved to get another. So I have been looking at Broncos. Just refuse to pay a huge markup.
Surprised no one here is an attorney or that no attorney has contacted you. If you pay an attorney, it will still be less than any bogus markup they charge you. I would be shocked if you “lost” this in court. The fact is, FMC should be taking care of this 100%. This went all kinds of wrong. But what if you and your family had been hit? What if you were injured or worse? I feel everyone reading this wants to scream get an attorney. You’re not doing this just to get another car. This sets precedent for others. I am so happy you and your family were not injured. You frankly should already have another car. The one you want. Or the refund. I am angry for you. Do not cave.

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Received an email from my Ford liason yesterday. She stated that there is no frame damage, that she specifically asked about the frame. That it would take 2-3 weeks to repair the body.

The Progressive rep did their inspection today. Said there was "significant damage", from 5k to 7k worth. And that it was not totalled too.

Then today the Ford pass app gave me 6 alerts. Perhaps it isn't actually fixed, or they triggered it somehow while doing body work.

Still waiting to hear from the sales manager. Depending on what he makes happen, may do the Bronco trade after all. I do LOVE my Mach-E though.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer Screenshot_20220624-153539_FordPass

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Received an email from my Ford liason yesterday. She stated that there is no frame damage, that she specifically asked about the frame. That it would take 2-3 weeks to repair the body.
I am one of the prople who are waiting on the update story. Hope things are in good progress.

Flydivesurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER, Model X
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag

The Progressive rep did their inspection today. Said there was "significant damage", from 5k to 7k worth. And that it was not totalled too.

Then today the Ford pass app gave me 6 alerts. Perhaps it isn't actually fixed, or they triggered it somehow while doing body work.

Still waiting to hear from the sales manager. Depending on what he makes happen, may do the Bronco trade after all. I do LOVE my Mach-E though.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer Screenshot_20220624-153539_FordPass
Some of those may be due ongoing body work or finishing up repairs. Not all though. Please tread carefully in this process. The dealer is not your friend here.

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Sorry for not keeping up. I put the feelers out for a Bronco from the dealership. I really didn't want my Mach-E back after the drop, looking at it closely and every tech was like "damn that's totalled" when I went to go look at it again. At first I was trying to keep it just because I loved it so much. And put so much into it. Compounding things is this recall, just stepping away from it for now. When I went to get my stuff out, the back was still off alignment, and I was told it was fixed.

Dealer couldn't find a Bronco for a long time. Called 23 people who had one reserved and in coming. After a few weeks and nobody backing out, someone finally did. It was almost exactly what I wanted, just lacking the 12" screen and 360 camera.

Got an Area 51 Outer Banks Sasquatch, with leather seats, V6, aux switches, and front/back lockers. I wanted th 2 door too. Wife already has a ginormous suv with her 4 door Defender.

Good chance I'll come back, or with a Lighting. Dealership has one but can't sell for 5 months. Told him to keep me advised.

Got the new 22' Bronco for MSRP, which never happens. They tried to charge me 5k up charge, but I said no due to them DROPPING my car. They agreed and gave me more than what I paid for the Mach-E. My car payment and insurance dropped significantly. But with gas will just be a little ahead monthly probably.

Bought it 3 days ago, left on a week long work trip the next day. Wife has driven it every day haha.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer 20220709_192821
Ford Mustang Mach-E Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer 20220709_192830
Ford Mustang Mach-E Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer 20220709_181744

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Congrats! I wish had your patience - if my dealer dropped my MME I would lose it. Enjoy the Bronco!

Reactions: ARK

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Sorry for not keeping up. I put the feelers out for a Bronco from the dealership. I really didn't want my Mach-E back after the drop, looking at it closely and every tech was like "damn that's totalled" when I went to go look at it again. At first I was trying to keep it just because I loved it so much. And put so much into it. Compounding things is this recall, just stepping away from it for now. When I went to get my stuff out, the back was still off alignment, and I was told it was fixed.

Dealer couldn't find a Bronco for a long time. Called 23 people who had one reserved and in coming. After a few weeks and nobody backing out, someone finally did. It was almost exactly what I wanted, just lacking the 12" screen and 360 camera.

Got an Area 51 Outer Banks Sasquatch, with leather seats, V6, aux switches, and front/back lockers. I wanted th 2 door too. Wife already has a ginormous suv with her 4 door Defender.

Good chance I'll come back, or with a Lighting. Dealership has one but can't sell for 5 months. Told him to keep me advised.

Got the new 22' Bronco for MSRP, which never happens. They tried to charge me 5k up charge, but I said no due to them DROPPING my car. They agreed and gave me more than what I paid for the Mach-E. My car payment and insurance dropped significantly. But with gas will just be a little ahead monthly probably.

Bought it 3 days ago, left on a week long work trip the next day. Wife has driven it every day haha.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer 20220709_181744
I'm so glad there was a happy ending to the story for you. That dealer had a lot of balls to try and charge you an ADM after dropping your car.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
And what's the VIN on that GT so we can all keep an eye out for it?

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Federal
Country flag