Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
I've been only hand washing my car thus far, so have no personal experience with the automatic car washes. Another thing all the car washes around offer a discount with purchase of gas, and I wouldn't know what to do with that, as I'm sure you can't sell gas on ebay.
Have you taken your car to an automatic car wash? Anything bad happened? Anything fell off or maybe water got where it shouldn't? Is underbody wash safe?
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Well I take my car through the car wash quite frequently and it always seems to come out clean....!?

That has been my experience.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
In the last 40+ years, I have used a car wash 1/2 dozen times or less, and that's a spray wand.

Never!

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
I took mine to a touchless car wash a week after taking delivery and a piece fell off the bumper (little square piece on front right in the middle of bumper) and apparently this happened to another person as well. Unsure if it was a broken clip from the factory or if the water jets broke it.
I’ve gone to self serve car washes since and haven’t had any problems.

Last edited:

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Self service only, multiple times a week, only water and soap, lowish pressure, hand dry with microfiber. Still have some minor swirl marks visible in direct sun (Shadow black, kinda unavoidable) but I will DA polish at the 8 month mark.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
My experience is that the original Rose Royce version is better than the Christina Aguilera and Missy Elliott cover.

That's what you were asking about, right? ?
Yep, def agree with that

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I personally use a pressure washer, foam cannon, ph neutral foam soap, and a blower. I’ll use a drying towel sometimes but I try to limit touching the car.

Really just comes down to what you want out of your paint. Touch less washes are good, but sometimes they can use that liquid wax/clear coat stuff which is awful. Normal car washes with the brushes will scuff up your clear coat no question. Might not be super noticeable, but over months of washing your paint takes a beating. Wrap your car in PPF and it won’t matter :)

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
The thing is if you live somewhere like Florida it's MISERABLE hand washing your car even on a weekly basis. It doesn't matter how early you plan on doing it, it's 8:30am right now and I would be see through clothing in sweat if I went outside to wash my car.

That's why touchless carwashes are crucial in places like this because the car stays clean and I can hand wash it maybe once a month.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I've been only hand washing my car thus far, so have no personal experience with the automatic car washes. Another thing all the car washes around offer a discount with purchase of gas, and I wouldn't know what to do with that, as I'm sure you can't sell gas on ebay.
Have you taken your car to an automatic car wash? Anything bad happened? Anything fell off or maybe water got where it shouldn't? Is underbody wash safe?
And a related question - have you had trouble getting the car into car wash mode? That is my biggest fear. Personally I don't have a problem with automatic car washes. Been using them for years and my cars look great. Parking in the garage is the best way to keep them looking good, regardless of how you clean them, IMO.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
And a related question - have you had trouble getting the car into car wash mode? That is my biggest fear.
Why would there be trouble? Put it in Neutral and then hit the L button. It’s not difficult. Give it a try.
Sponsored