Car won't start stuck in service lane - 2021 MME GTPE eAWD **Bent Fuse - Fixed**

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Definitely. I told the lady at Ford HQ the same thing. If you replace a fuse it can pop again so I told them I didn't want to be back 3-4 weeks later if the fuse "pinches" again 🤣. It has near 2000 miles but I drive around 40-50 miles a day when I drive it so basically 40ish days of driving. Drill will be around 500 miles round trip. We'll see what they say.
Maybe order a spare but uncommon thing to happen again.
Sponsored

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
See if it were that he said they'd just fixed it, but they had to order a whole new fuse. I'll get more details tomorrow and report back.
Here's a picture of the HVBJB from the Down for the Count thread, not sure how something could get pinched, unless one of the fuses overheated and just collapsed. Failure under load would indicate whatever the fuse feeds may have shorted.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car won't start stuck in service lane - 2021 MME GTPE eAWD **Bent Fuse - Fixed** 1650415447151

OP
OP
Captrs777

Captrs777

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT eAWD Perf . 2022 Audi Etron SB DPM
Occupation
Program Analyst
Country flag
Here's a picture of the HVBJB from the Down for the Count thread, not sure how something could get pinched, unless one of the fuses overheated and just collapsed. Failure under load would indicate whatever the fuse feeds may have shorted.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car won't start stuck in service lane - 2021 MME GTPE eAWD **Bent Fuse - Fixed** 1650415447151
Very cool and yeah I will definitely get more information on it.

MachEr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
OP's issue has nothing to do with the HVBJB, it was a low voltage fuse feeding 12v system. (Power feed to GWM, or BCM or something)

OP
OP
Captrs777

Captrs777

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Program Analyst
Country flag
So they said the vehicle is fixed and that it was a bent fuse not making contact. They don't know why it happened, but that it was a physically bent fuse causing it to not make contact. They will not perform any of the software updates, which is frustrating, but there ya go. Happy to get my car out of the weather, but not happy that it looks like it could happen again or we can't prevent it from happening. His best guess was that it bent under load/stress, which is fantastic when you buy a performance edition car.

Very thankful that it was a simple fuse to fix. Just nervous AF now driving it 200+ miles to drill and hoping this doesn't occur again (really just not knowing why it occurred). They had never seen something like this before.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can see the bent fuse in the pic. Lower right hand, outer post.

OP
OP
Captrs777

Captrs777

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Program Analyst
Country flag
You can see the bent fuse in the pic. Lower right hand, outer post.
I didn't post any pics nor is that pic by hawkeye my car.

OP
OP
Captrs777

Captrs777

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Program Analyst
Country flag
Looks like more than one car has the bent fuse. How old are these cars?
My car was built in Dec, delivered in Feb. So not old. Also the pic above is the HVBJB. My fuse did not involve the HVBJB so I don't want to mislead that we had the "same issue".

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So they said the vehicle is fixed and that it was a bent fuse not making contact. They don't know why it happened, but that it was a physically bent fuse causing it to not make contact. They will not perform any of the software updates, which is frustrating, but there ya go. Happy to get my car out of the weather, but not happy that it looks like it could happen again or we can't prevent it from happening.
Could you post a copy of your sheet with technician notes so we have some idea which fuse was affected? Otherwise send me you VIN and I’ll update the topic later. Thanks.

OP
OP
Captrs777

Captrs777

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Program Analyst
Country flag
Could you post a copy of your sheet with technician notes so we have some idea which fuse was affected? Otherwise send me you VIN and I’ll update the topic later. Thanks.
Will post a copy of the notes when I get the rental dropped off and car picked up (rental is 30 mins from dealership 😑). Pming you vin

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I feel for you because I just had a similar thing happen to my GT. I stopped at a shop that my company uses for automotive work to pick up something a driver left there. Shut off the car for 5 minutes and came back to the "Stop Safely Now" warning. The rest of my story is a little better because the tow truck showed up quickly and knew how to put my car on the flatbed without damaging it. The dealer also gave me a loaner and looked at my car right away discovering that it is the high voltage battery junction box. I still have not got it back and it's been a week now so I am hoping to hear something soon.

has any pattern emerged for the (few ?) cars having HV battery junction box problems? Is it water infiltration, a bad harness, a bad run of connectors, or ???. Only people that have used DCFC ???

Since we haven't seen a recall or TSB, I'm just wondering how many, and any pattern to help identify cause.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
So they said the vehicle is fixed and that it was a bent fuse not making contact. They don't know why it happened, but that it was a physically bent fuse causing it to not make contact. They will not perform any of the software updates, which is frustrating, but there ya go. Happy to get my car out of the weather, but not happy that it looks like it could happen again or we can't prevent it from happening. His best guess was that it bent under load/stress, which is fantastic when you buy a performance edition car.

Very thankful that it was a simple fuse to fix. Just nervous AF now driving it 200+ miles to drill and hoping this doesn't occur again (really just not knowing why it occurred). They had never seen something like this before.

a bent fuse ?

where?
and how?!

OP
OP
Captrs777

Captrs777

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Program Analyst
Country flag
a bent fuse ?

where?
and how?!
We'll find out either tomorrow or when someone with better access than me figures it out. PMd my VIN to MachLee. It'll be interesting for sure. Kinda frustrated the suspension faults weren't an easy software update, but fight that battle another day.

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
has any pattern emerged for the (few ?) cars having HV battery junction box problems? Is it water infiltration, a bad harness, a bad run of connectors, or ???. Only people that have used DCFC ???

Since we haven't seen a recall or TSB, I'm just wondering how many, and any pattern to help identify cause.
Supposedly I am getting my car back Friday if they don't run into any issues putting the part in tomorrow, as the part arrived a few hours ago. I have used DCFC at least 20 times because of road trips so it would be interesting to see if the problem is more prevalent in cars that fast charge more often.
Sponsored