Car won’t start and says stop vehicle safely

mak0313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Rt 1 AWD
Country flag
Several hours from home I tried to fast charge got a charging fault and then the car wouldn’t start back up. It just says stop vehicle safely (even though I am already parked). Had to have it towed to the closest Ford dealership. This should be fun.
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Mine did that to me once, except that it still started. It told me to shut down the car and restart it, and if that doesn’t clear the fault then take it to the dealership. Fortunately for me, mine cleared when I rebooted it. Good luck, and let us know what they come up with as a root cause.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
They are replacing the battery, but it has still not come in yet. I am hoping to get the car back sometime next week.
12V or Hv pack?

OP
OP
mak0313

mak0313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Rt 1 AWD
Country flag
Finally got the car back today. After originally being told they were changing out the battery, the dealership later said after talking more with Ford engineers that they were only changing out the energy control module.

So far so good.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
WOW - I have a GT coming Hoping for better build, but For Mexico not so much

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME built May21 Space W, MME built Dec21 Star W
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got that power train malfunction message once when I was backing out of the garage. It went away after I shifted to park.. Been a month now and hasn’t reoccurred. With my driving routine topping off to 240+- miles twice a week is usually good enough. What bugs me is the inconsistency in the 90% level. Varies from 239ish to 255ish starting from 150 to 160 range. temperature must be a factor. But here in central Texas it shouldn’t be real issue I would think.
Sponsored

Last edited: