Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just took possession of a 2023 MME Select. I'd like to install the OEM cargo cover. Has anyone done so in a Select model? Are the appropriate holes for the attachment hardware present in the Select? Anyone have a cover they would like to get rid of?
Sponsored

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
I bought a Motor Trend cargo mat on Amazon at a very reasonable price. They are easily trimmed with scissors and look fine when in place.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I bought a Motor Trend cargo mat on Amazon at a very reasonable price. They are easily trimmed with scissors and look fine when in place.
He wants a cargo cover, not a mat.

OP
OP
Old_Norm

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks. I'm actually looking for the cover that is attached to the lift gate. Ford calls it a Loading Compartment Cover.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Are you talking about the cover that's like a rollershade? I don't think Ford produces that, only 3rd party.

[edit: saw your post just before mine. If you're talking about the wispy fabric piece that attaches to the liftgate, it's a piece of junk. I would strongly suggest not going the OEM route on that one.]

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Are you talking about the cover that's like a rollershade? I don't think Ford produces that, only 3rd party.
No, he's talking about the standard cover that doesn't come in Selects apparently.

OP
OP
Old_Norm

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, I'm looking for the OEM cargo cover or as Ford calls it Loading Compartment Cover.

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
He wants a cargo cover, not a mat.
Oops.

Doesn't look like the MME is set up for a cargo cover that does a good job of hiding or securing cargo without messy modifications. Guess I'll keep using a big towel.

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
No, he's talking about the standard cover that doesn't come in Selects apparently.
I have a '22 Select with comfort/Tech package and it came with a cover. I would ask the dealership about it. Sounds like an oversight.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a '22 Select with comfort/Tech package and it came with a cover. I would ask the dealership about it. Sounds like an oversight.
The package gave it to you.

0CO2

First Name
0CO2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Occupation
Academic
Country flag
Truly the OEM cover is a joke. If you have a window open it oscillates and falls off. Same if you have a high load - when the cover comes down, it unclips. The plastic clips mounted on the flimsy fabric cover also fall off. It's an embarrasment for Ford to ship something like this on an expensive car. I bought a retractable cover from Amazon that claimed it was compatibe with my 2021 MME FE, but it wasn't and I returned it. Currently I'm unaware of any solution that actually works. Ford really blew this - and for such a simple thing.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I have a '22 Select AWD. I removed the cover, the first week I owned it. It would flap like crazy with the drivers side window down, and couldn't close the rear with the dog's crate in there. I would ship you mine, but the shipping cost from Canada would be prohibitive. I'm sure there are lots of people on here, that can get you a cargo cover for a case of beer, or a bucket of chicken! Good luck.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
No. It includes a back mat.
Right! I just saw the photo on the Ford site with the hatch open and thought Cargo Area Protector was the cover. Crazy how they can sell the '23 with less features, for more money than a '22. No heated seats or wheel would be a deal breaker for me.
Sponsored