Cargo Cover will not stay in the hooks on the trunk door

tlpillow2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E
Country flag
Is there a secret to getting the cargo area cover to stay attached? MIne comes off everytime I raise and lower the trunk. I notice that there are two little nubs on each post of the cover, but have not figure out if they do anything. The rope parts stay connected but the post that go on the hooks do not stay on the hooks after raising and lowering the trunk.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

intoMME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Select w/Tech Pkg. Infinity Blue
Country flag
The posts should click in. The only time mine pops out is if something in the trunk is too tall and it bumps into it.

MachEtyMach

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 eGolf, 2021 Mach-E CA Route 1
Country flag
I struggled with the cargo cover detaching at first, too, but I think there is a right side up, based on the tag/label on the bottom. The label is on the same side as the little half-circles that click into the notches. Mine has stayed in place as long as I keep the label on the bottom side of the cover.

Mach-E_Cargo_Cover_211022.jpg

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Is there a secret to getting the cargo area cover to stay attached? MIne comes off everytime I raise and lower the trunk. I notice that there are two little nubs on each post of the cover, but have not figure out if they do anything. The rope parts stay connected but the post that go on the hooks do not stay on the hooks after raising and lowering the trunk.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
found the cover useless on the drive home from the dealer, promptly took it out and stuck in closet

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
@intoMME's suggestion is the first place to start. If you're still having it come loose, give @Benjamin Kegele's idea a try (o-rings).

I use this method and it works perfectly. The amount of black hair ties that my girls leave around the house actually did me a favor, for once.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Rubber band.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Yes…fold it up and place on top of the tire repair pump under the floor. We took this out of our MME 1st and removed the frunk divider 2nd. Both issues solved.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
found the cover useless on the drive home from the dealer, promptly took it out and stuck in closet
Agree, It was a solution to a non-existing problem.
Sponsored