Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
I was researching floor mats for my 2022 and noticed most of the cargo mats seem to only fit with the cargo floor in the upper position. Do any of the options you all have tried(Tuxmat, 3d maxspider, Ford, Weathertech, LinerX, etc) work in the lower and upper or only one or the other? I was hoping to mainly use it on the lower position to gain more space.

These are the ones I think I like the most but don't know which position it will work in. Have any if you used these? Thanks!

https://linerx.com/products/ford-mu...00176&pr_ref_pid=6880333365456&pr_seq=uniform
Sponsored

OP
OP

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
The Ford rubber mat only fits properly in the lower position.
Thanks!

Are there just gaps when in the upper position? I was planning on buying those and then realized they are more expensive since I didn't buy them with the vehicle. They also don't have as high of lips on the sides but I'm not sure if that is an issue compared to others I looked at.

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
I have the Ford mats, and as stated the rear cargo only fits in the lower position. I will say I'm really happy with them, they fit very nicely (as they should) and look nice as well. If you aren't in a huge hurry, there is always sales going on it seems. I scored mine during a 20% off discount they were running.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
OK. I’m curious how the @AOSK cargo mat fits in both positions.
I’m thinking of going that way because they have the matching (pattern, color, rubber material) seatback protectors. I don’t recall ever seeing Ford offer those at all.

OP
OP

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
I have the Ford mats, and as stated the rear cargo only fits in the lower position. I will say I'm really happy with them, they fit very nicely (as they should) and look nice as well. If you aren't in a huge hurry, there is always sales going on it seems. I scored mine during a 20% off discount they were running.
The discount was directly from Ford? I see them discounted from other sites at times.

OP
OP

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
I’m thinking of going that way because they have the matching (pattern, color, rubber material) seatback protectors. I don’t recall ever seeing Ford offer those at all.
That's a good question. That Liner X link I posted has matching seat backs, but I don't know how they cargo mat fits in the high and low position.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
No, the mat is too big with the floor in the upper position, so it doesn’t sit flat.
Just to clarify, yes it is slightly too large in the upper position.

But it still works fine and can sit flat in the upper position. It just overlaps the rear lip a little causing it to be barely off at the last few inches of the rear.

Pic-

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cargo floor position and cargo mats F8CDBF2B-8620-499F-BE0B-28356616979A

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
The discount was directly from Ford? I see them discounted from other sites at times.
Yeah, I bought them off Fords website on a Labor Day deal earlier this year while I was still waiting for my car. I’m assuming more deals for Xmas etc will come.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Just to clarify, yes it is slightly too large in the upper position.

But it still works fine and can sit flat in the upper position. It just overlaps the rear lip a little causing it to be barely off at the last few inches of the rear.

Pic-

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cargo floor position and cargo mats F8CDBF2B-8620-499F-BE0B-28356616979A
Agreed. I used mine in the upper position from March, when I bought my car, to just this past weekend when I decided to lower the cargo floor "permanently" so as to not risk breaking the floor upper position supports...

BTW, I definitely recommend the @AOSK rear seat back covers. They "velcro" onto the carpet on the seat backs and are available with and without the cutouts for a baby seat anchor. They match the Ford cargo mat really well and do a great job of protecting the rear seat backs when you fold them down for longer items...

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is a video on it somewhere but if I recall correctly it fits in the lower position like Ford’s and a bit oversized in the upper position.

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
our seat back protector shall match the OEM trunk mat pretty well as well, we designed it following the OEM trunk mat.

Sin_Chase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Juat to throw my 2 pence in.

The Ford mat isnt cheap but its absolutely worth it. Doesnt move an inch and is perfectly fits the lower position space with 0 gaps.

I have the boot liner and all cabin mats and couldn't be happier.
Sponsored