CarPlay breaking up

KUhokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD
Country flag
Preface: My MME is the first car I have had that is CarPlay capable, so I am not sure if this is an issue with the MME software or more of an Apple/iPhone issue.

My car has no problem connecting to my iPhone via CarPlay in my garage at home and I have no problems with it driving around town. Expect for one spot. Every time I get to the block or so where my office parking lot is, the audio begins breaking up and sometimes the CarPlay connection gets dropped completely. The parking lot is not covered and the surrounding buildings are not super tall. I don’t seem to have the same issue when I park in a garage nearby (due to heat). The breaking up actually starts a bit before I get to the lot (not even a quarter mile away).

Is this likely just some interference with my phone talking to iTunes/Apple Music?
Sponsored

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I've had a similar thing happen with wireless Android Auto. There's a certain stretch of road that my wireless AA drops EVERY time without fail. I have no idea what it is about that section of road, but every time I go by it I lose connection with my phone ?‍♂

taikajim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EXAWD + KW V3 coilovers
Country flag
Preface: My MME is the first car I have had that is CarPlay capable, so I am not sure if this is an issue with the MME software or more of an Apple/iPhone issue.

My car has no problem connecting to my iPhone via CarPlay in my garage at home and I have no problems with it driving around town. Expect for one spot. Every time I get to the block or so where my office parking lot is, the audio begins breaking up and sometimes the CarPlay connection gets dropped completely. The parking lot is not covered and the surrounding buildings are not super tall. I don’t seem to have the same issue when I park in a garage nearby (due to heat). The breaking up actually starts a bit before I get to the lot (not even a quarter mile away).

Is this likely just some interference with my phone talking to iTunes/Apple Music?
Not MME nor CarPlay, but in my both previous cars there was a short stretch of road just outside home (about a kilometer out) where Spotify on iPhone via Bluetooth ALWAYS shit the bed.

Ended up chalking it up as some weird rf glitch. Maybe something similar? Maybe try it with phone with cellular off playing downloaded Music?

OP
OP

KUhokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD
Country flag
Not MME nor CarPlay, but in my both previous cars there was a short stretch of road just outside home (about a kilometer out) where Spotify on iPhone via Bluetooth ALWAYS shit the bed.

Ended up chalking it up as some weird rf glitch. Maybe something similar? Maybe try it with phone with cellular off playing downloaded Music?
thanks for the suggestion. In the past when the same phone was connected to our Jeep Patriot via Bluetooth, I would also get some breaking up when using Apple Music, but it was at a different point in the street. Probably just something going on on the phone side.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

There's two spots on my commute where wireless Carplay will always stutter in the Mach-E. It doesn't happen with wireless Carplay in my i3. I'm guessing there's less shielding in the Mach-E and those spots have something causing wifi interference.

I know it's interference with the entire wireless Carplay connection because even my maps will stutter in those two spots...
Sponsored