Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Anyone have any issues where CarPlay randomly died?

dealer did a partial update a few weeks ago but car has otherwise been fine

don’t normally use CarPlay, but tried today and the car failed to connect. Tried a second phone and that one also failed.

Any troubleshooting steps??
Sponsored

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
Try closing out if all the open apps except FordPass and make sure that it’s not just connected to blue tooth. I find that certain apps prevent me from connecting to CarPlay (and also interrupt the ability to use Sirius) but if you close out of them you can reconnect.

Anyone have any issues where CarPlay randomly died?

dealer did a partial update a few weeks ago but car has otherwise been fine

don’t normally use CarPlay, but tried today and the car failed to connect. Tried a second phone and that one also failed.

Any troubleshooting steps??

OP
OP

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Closing apps on my phone or the car?

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I use CarPlay all the time and I would say that 1 out of every 8 times it won't connect--at least according to Sync, although it will still stream music. Typically, I use a wireless connection, but plugging it in doesn't make a difference. If there's a rhyme or reason to this, I haven't found it yet.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
For me the only fix when that happens is to reset the sync4 by holding volume down and forward buttons until the screen reboots.
I noticed the CarPlay has a hard time connecting when you are on a call. The Bluetooth seems to take precedence and you cannot have both Ford’s Bluetooth and CarPlay connected at the same time.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I just had 1.7.1 install and CarPlay would not work. I had to remove my car from Bluetooth on my phone and then remove my phone from Connected Devices in the car. Reconnected Bluetooth, then enabled CarPlay, boom, works perfectly.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I have observed the following:

Wife’s phone (which has never been paired to the car) gets plugged in because she wants to charge. Car throws error message something to the effect of “unrecognized device”.

Once she unplugged, my phone no longer connects to CarPlay via Bluetooth, but will connect when I connect to USB. After two trips, it magically started working again.

Lots of random Sync glitches, this is just one on them!

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red MME RWD Ext Battery, 2016 Altima
Country flag
I have observed the following:

Wife’s phone (which has never been paired to the car) gets plugged in because she wants to charge. Car throws error message something to the effect of “unrecognized device”.

Once she unplugged, my phone no longer connects to CarPlay via Bluetooth, but will connect when I connect to USB. After two trips, it magically started working again.

Lots of random Sync glitches, this is just one on them!
I have seen a similar issue.
Only one device added and CarPlay works flawlessly. My wife adds her phone and both of us were unable to connect to CarPlay.
As soon as I deleted her phone, it started working for me again.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I have seen a similar issue.
Only one device added and CarPlay works flawlessly. My wife adds her phone and both of us were unable to connect to CarPlay.
As soon as I deleted her phone, it started working for me again.
Just to be clear, her phone was never added, only plugged into the USB port.

OP
OP

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

AlexPT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD Extended (Ordered)
Country flag
For me the only fix when that happens is to reset the sync4 by holding volume down and forward buttons until the screen reboots.
This ☝

CarPlay stopped working for me today. Tried to delete the phone, reboot it, shut down the car, close it, reopen it and starting again. Didn’t work. Repeated all steps and nothing. Then read this post and tried to reboot the Sync as mentioned. It worked! Thanks Luke and Macheforum.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I use CarPlay all the time and I would say that 1 out of every 8 times it won't connect--at least according to Sync, although it will still stream music. Typically, I use a wireless connection, but plugging it in doesn't make a difference. If there's a rhyme or reason to this, I haven't found it yet.
yup same.

MachEbh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD ext battery
Country flag
I use CarPlay every time I am in my Mach E. I have private relay turned on, and am on iOS 15.4.1. Haven’t had any issues with CarPlay connecting wirelessly except one, and it was easy to solve. Occasionally I connect my iPad Pro to my iPhone 13 Pro via the hotspot while at lunch. If I don’t “forget” that connection before I get in the car, CarPlay will not connect Initially as it should. Eventually it will, but I have to wait several minutes and then tell the car to connect to my phone and then connect CarPlay.
Sponsored