alexvasceanu

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME2022
Country flag
I tried to remove the Carplay setup, no success, it still happened after resetup.

I tried to pair an Android phone and the problem did not manifest.
Seems to be Carplay specific.

Is there a way to open a suport ticket with ford, or only dealers have a mechanism to do that?
Sponsored

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
This has been happening intermittently for me. It can happen in the middle of a route when suddenly the location puts me a mile or so off. It is the GPS on the phone that is being used and it is getting confused. When it happens, I have confirmed it is on every app on the phone (and CarPlay). It will remain confused until I stop the car and turn it off. I sit there and can watch as the location jumps to the correct location a few seconds after turning off the car.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I fixed mine doing this by rebooting my phone. Came right back while doing 70 on the freeway it didn't think I was on.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I think that's a bug. I had those glitches before. I don't remember how I fixed them. Probably by rebooting the phone or may be just disconnecting the phone from the car and then connecting it again.
But it is definitely a glitch that appears randomly for some unknown reason.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I have noticed that if my iPhone is in my pocket, I get similar issues with GPS showing me a ways away from where I am at in Waze and Apple Maps. I have a holder mounted on the screen and if the phone is there, no issues. I believe it is tied to the metal in the windshield restricting the GPS signal to the point where the phone loses its location.

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
I had no issues for a year and a half with my MY'21. This just started happening and is either the model year ('23, but I think I have heard others with different model years having problems), the Ford update, the iOS update, or the CarPlay update. It isn't the phone hardware, because it has been working fine for a long time. My wife never uses her phone for maps on her hand-me-down
'21, because the charger overheats her phone (charging pad bug). She gravitated to the Ford Navigation and hasn't been using the phone for that, so I don't know if her MY '21 has the issue or not.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Also the phone doesn't work very well at all in your pocket if you are driving. I think the door module pisses off the GPS>

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
This happens to me all the time. Not sure when it started. Wasn’t always this way. But it sure is annoying.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I believe android auto uses the cars gps, but CarPlay uses the phone. Ive only had this issue if my phone is my pocket, but when its on the charging pad its pretty much 100% fine with gps location. about year or so ago id have this issue, and closing the app on my phone and brining it back up fixed the issue. But i assume updates since i haven't had to do that.

Rory

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Weeeeeeird. When CarPlay is running, supposedly it's taking the GPS data from the car's antenna instead of the phone's antenna, so maybe hard reboot Sync AND your iPhone. That's very strange.
I’m pretty sure CarPlay ignores the car’s antenna. The programs are running on the phone and just displaying on the car. If I keep my phone in my pocket, I can get some gps readings that are off by a number of feet. That clears up when I take the phone out and place it on the center console.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I have noticed that if my iPhone is in my pocket, I get similar issues with GPS showing me a ways away from where I am at in Waze and Apple Maps. I have a holder mounted on the screen and if the phone is there, no issues. I believe it is tied to the metal in the windshield restricting the GPS signal to the point where the phone loses its location.
Exactly the same experiences and the same fix. I love my Spigen MagSafe charger mount!

alexvasceanu

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME2022
Country flag
I tried to remove the Carplay setup, no success, it still happened after resetup.

I tried to pair an Android phone and the problem did not manifest.
Seems to be Carplay specific.

Is there a way to open a suport ticket with ford, or only dealers have a mechanism to do that?
I updated to iOS 16.5 a few weeks ago and it has since been working correctly.
Sponsored