CarPlay occasionally doesn't connect. How do you get it to connect?

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hi all,
I use wired carplay all the time. Plug in the phone before you start the car. I have found if you turn off the car then disconnect the phone, it will give you a better chance of connecting next time. This works 90% of the time. Occasionally I have to reboot the main screen to get it back.
I don't use wireless as it adds a slight delay on phone calls.
Hope this helps.
Plugging in before the car starts definitely seems to be more reliable (been chauffeuring family around all week and have been driving my Mach-E a lot).

However, every time I step into my BMW i4 it always connects wirelessly without issue except maybe a miniscule number of times. Like 99% reliability vs. 50% reliability of the Mach-E CarPlay system.
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I had this problem with my 2021 Premium starting with PowerUp 3.5.3. Then I upgraded to a 22 GT in November which was running an older version of sync, no CarPlay problems at all! Then my brand new car got the same buggy 3.5.3 PowerUp and now I’m back to the same CarPlay connection issues.

It’s frustrating that @Ford Motor Company keeps pushing out this update when they know it has several bugs.

RaineN

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It finally started working after I removed a vpn I didn’t realize I had. But now, the latest Jan 2023 update has rendered all my buttons on the app useless. The frunk, trunk, and window options buttons are grayed out. Is Ford working on correcting this???

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
I find that the wireless carplay is very buggy a day before the update and a few days after. When my car starts acting a bit weird like charging when not supposed to and stuff, I know a update is on the horizon. I may be crazy 🤣 but that's what I noticed

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
It finally started working after I removed a vpn I didn’t realize I had. But now, the latest Jan 2023 update has rendered all my buttons on the app useless. The frunk, trunk, and window options buttons are grayed out. Is Ford working on correcting this???
Oh, this is interesting. I have a VPN on my phone, but I can't remove it. It's a corporate requirement to access email on my phone. :(

The PaaK buttons are all grayed out for me, too. I called Ford support, and they told me Ford is aware and working on updates to FordPass and OTA to resolve it.
Sponsored