CarPlay Phone Audio Delay?

Tpaguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Does anyone else use CarPlay for making phone calls too? I’ve been experiencing a large delay when making calls using it. Audio delay with the person on the other line is about 2 seconds and causes both sides to talk over one another etc.

It doesn’t happen on AirPods, speaker phone or using the handset itself.

Curious is this is an Apple issue with CarPlay or a Ford issue?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Does anyone else use CarPlay for making phone calls too? I’ve been experiencing a large delay when making calls using it. Audio delay with the person on the other line is about 2 seconds and causes both sides to talk over one another etc.

Thanks!
I use an iPhone 12 Pro with my Mach-E using Apple Car Play. There is no noticeable delay when making calls. CarPlay in general has functioned flawlessly for me.

OP
OP
Tpaguy

Tpaguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I use an iPhone 12 Pro with my Mach-E using Apple Car Play. There is no noticeable delay when making calls. CarPlay in general has functioned flawlessly for me.
Thanks for the confirmation that yours works just fine. I’m going to try unpairing and repairing the iphone and see if that solves the issue.

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag

Thanks!
Curious to know if you are using the actual built-in phone app, or is it a third-party voice-over IP or voice-chat app?

I've noticed when I am in the passenger seat playing a game on the phone there is quite a delay between what I see on the screen and what I hear on the CarPlay.
I don't notice a delay in actual phone calls. So I'm thinking that it could affect 3rd-party app audio, mainly.

BHound1981

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
IT Systems Engineer
Country flag
this has bugged me forever. I’m having the same delay issues via CarPlay, either wireless or plugged in. Just standard YouTube audio or a game’s audio through the car is about 1-2 seconds behind the video. Anyone have any further insight or a reference I can look at to help sync things up?

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Yes. There is an around 1-second delay between pressing the buttons for audio control and CarPlay actually doing it.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
this has bugged me forever. I’m having the same delay issues via CarPlay, either wireless or plugged in. Just standard YouTube audio or a game’s audio through the car is about 1-2 seconds behind the video. Anyone have any further insight or a reference I can look at to help sync things up?
Good morning! I'd like to look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

OP
OP
Tpaguy

Tpaguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My original issue with the Bluetooth audio delay finally went away when the massive software update was done to get the car modem taking to fords servers (Job 1 vehicle that was stuck with no updates for about a year). I guess reinstalling the software for the car did the trick.
Sponsored