CarPlay randomly restarts in the middle of a drive

dmur726

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Job 2 Premium Mach-e AWD ER
Country flag
I’ve been looking to see if anyone else has this happen. Maybe once every two weeks (I drive just about daily) CarPlay will leave the screen it is on, usually maps, and reset to only CarPlay icons. If I go back to Maps, it requires me to re-enter the address to which I was navigating. SUPER annoying, especially because it has happened where new directions are appearing so I have no idea where I am supposed to go unless I pull over and enter the address again.
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
It's the maps app crashing on your iPhone. It happens occasionally to me too and yup it is a pain.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Whenever I start to get problems with the phone to car connection in any of our cars the first thing I always try is to:

1) Make sure the phone software is updated
2) After the update delete the phone from the car and delete the car in the phone
3) Re-pair the phone to the car

It is not a guaranteed fix, but there are a lot of times that this takes care of the problem without having to take a trip into the dealer to try and solve it.

OP
OP
dmur726

dmur726

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Job 2 Premium Mach-e AWD ER
Country flag
It's the maps app crashing on your iPhone. It happens occasionally to me too and yup it is a pain.
Weird. Since it never happened before I had my Mach e, do you think it is just too much going on with wireless CarPlay?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Weird. Since it never happened before I had my Mach e, do you think it is just too much going on with wireless CarPlay?
Not the mach e, just the maps app updating and having issues. Hopefully they'll fix it.
Sponsored