Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Ha Ha. 5 days at the dealership, got it back, now it at least tells me on the driver display Blue Cruise Not Available, and I lost the lane centering feature. So now my MME can spell Blue Cruise, does that really count?
Same here; call me crazy but I’m dropping it off again (3rd) attempt this am. Hoping for a better result. I had to bring the info of the software patch to them. Then they looked it up 😡 and saw it. Hope it works. If not have an appt. with different dealer on the 16 th.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Wow I always thought Tesla superchargers were cheaper than EA. I guess I shouldn’t have believed the Tesla fanboys claims. Those are some steep prices!
The Shell Recharge DCFC (Formerly Greenlots) are 51¢ per kWh off peak and 62¢ per kWh during peak demand.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
The Shell Recharge DCFC (Formerly Greenlots) are 51¢ per kWh off peak and 62¢ per kWh during peak demand.
Those are Hawaii prices. It's something like 34 cents on the mainland.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Those are Hawaii prices. It's something like 34 cents on the mainland.
Yes and Teslasupercharger prices are just as comparably high here. DCFC prices are a reflection of local energy costs, whether the system is using a commercial account or not. DCFC rates reflect that in parts of the mainland with high price electricity. DCFC rates are also not static, although they tend to rise slower than gasoline due to regulatory constrictions. EA is also not a good example of pricing structure as VW is still paying in the penalties imposed as a result of their Seidel fraud. Until they are truly on a sound business footing, it’s going to be difficult to evaluate whether their pricing structure reflects reality or not.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes and Teslasupercharger prices are just as comparably high here. DCFC prices are a reflection of local energy costs, whether the system is using a commercial account or not. DCFC rates reflect that in parts of the mainland with high price electricity. DCFC rates are also not static, although they tend to rise slower than gasoline due to regulatory constrictions. EA is also not a good example of pricing structure as VW is still paying in the penalties imposed as a result of their Seidel fraud. Until they are truly on a sound business footing, it’s going to be difficult to evaluate whether their pricing structure reflects reality or not.
EA pricing is comparable to other CCS networks and Tesla's network is even more muddled from a reality standpoint since it's a closed network and there are still vehicles out there with free charging. Not sure what your point was but I'm not aware of any charging network in the US that's profitable and that's a big problem moving forward.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Tesla has a tiered $/kw structure where you get a good rate for terrible charging speed (usually the one you see quoted), but then pay through the nose for faster charging speeds.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I attended an EA webinar once, and they showed this interesting slide about demand charges. The Utah case stated here was for 4 Audi E-Trons charging at 150kw, all at the same time.
Ford Mustang Mach-E CCS connectors coming to Tesla Superchargers in the US says Elon Musk GoToWebinar 000

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I attended an EA webinar once, and they showed this interesting slide about demand charges. The Utah case stated here was for 4 Audi E-Trons charging at 150kw, all at the same time.
Ford Mustang Mach-E CCS connectors coming to Tesla Superchargers in the US says Elon Musk GoToWebinar 000
Yep, this is the "true" roadblock for EV adoption. Unless legislatures/utility commissions do something about it, the ev revolution is going to grind to a halt before mainstream acceptance.

The fight against the scheming of ExxonMobil and Koch industries is far from over

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's another huge problem. I've seen some systems with battery banks so as to charge outside of peak hours, but frankly, that doesn't seem like a real solution with our current battery technology.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
EA pricing is comparable to other CCS networks and Tesla's network is even more muddled from a reality standpoint since it's a closed network and there are still vehicles out there with free charging. Not sure what your point was but I'm not aware of any charging network in the US that's profitable and that's a big problem moving forward.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Tesla has a tiered $/kw structure where you get a good rate for terrible charging speed (usually the one you see quoted), but then pay through the nose for faster charging speeds.
Tesla charge you base on time of day, not charging speed. Cheaper at night, more expensive mid day.

Charging speed is determined by what type of supercharger they have installed at that particular location.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
I can imagine giant LCD screens playing Grimes videos. Would you pay extra for VIP Access to watch the growth curve of X A.I. Archangel?
jes sayin

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Ha Ha. 5 days at the dealership, got it back, now it at least tells me on the driver display Blue Cruise Not Available, and I lost the lane centering feature. So now my MME can spell Blue Cruise, does that really count?
I mean I have a first edition and I have had no updates since Nov 2021. I went to my dealer and asked them to perform the TSB + BlueCruise. It took a long time (3 weeks) and I had to open a case with Ford's customer experience to get it to resolution but in the end, it worked, I have a car that is now fully updated.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I mean I have a first edition and I have had no updates since Nov 2021. I went to my dealer and asked them to perform the TSB + BlueCruise. It took a long time (3 weeks) and I had to open a case with Ford's customer experience to get it to resolution but in the end, it worked, I have a car that is now fully updated.
3-weeks to get an appointment, or 3-weeks while your car was out of your possession being worked on at the dealership?

If it was 3-weeks at the dealership -- they shouldn't have put you through that.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Here I was told that government shouldn’t help EV infrastructure. I’m sure private companies are gonna line up to lose billions.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
“It’s a little trickier in the US because we have a different connector than the rest of the industry, but we will be adding the rest of the industry connectors as an option to Superchargers in the US. We are trying as best as possible to do the right thing for the advancement of electrification, even if that diminishes our competitive advantage,” Musk said.

https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/ccs-connectors-tesla-superchargers-us/

Video:
There is allot of sarcasm in the replies to this, but I think anything that gets us closer to wide spread adoption of EV's is a great thing, no matter what the motivation was to do it.

At the end of the day Tesla is a business first, and they have done the things that everyone in the industry said could not be done, consumers would not want, and could not be done without bankruptcy. Besides Tesla who else has (willingly) gone out and built a National EV charging infrastructure on there own?

Sure VW was (forced) to build one as part of their reparations fine for diesel gate, but besides Tesla no one else has done anything to build the much needed infrastructure. So with that said, does it make sense that Tesla has leveraged this as a big competitive advantage for years? Of course it does! They spend hundreds of millions or billions build the damn infrastructure on their own. But now that EV adoption is undoubtedly going mainstream, and there is Government money to incentivize the building out of infrastructure, of course it makes sense that Tesla is going to want to leverage that support, while also fulfilling their mission of wide spread EV adoption.

I am very far from being a Tesla fan boy, but I can certainly appreciate and acknowledge when a company is doing things right that ultimately leads to better products, more competition and a better user experience for consumers, and I for one am very happy to hear Tesla moving in this direction even if it takes time to roll out.

I'm Canadian 🇨🇦 by the way, and despite only mentioning America, I'm still excited by this news.
Sponsored