dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
We are trying as best as possible to do the right thing for the grabbing of government infrastructure dollars the advancement of electrification, even if that diminishes our competitive advantage, while charging non-tesla cars a premium” Musk said.

~~~~~~~~
Why not both?
Sponsored

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
3-weeks to get an appointment, or 3-weeks while your car was out of your possession being worked on at the dealership?

If it was 3-weeks at the dealership -- they shouldn't have put you through that.
3 weeks at the dealer - I had a loaner though so it wasn't too bad.

I did have them work on other things too, my lift gate was making a loud popping noise when opening and I had them apply a TSB for Wind noise on the glass roof too.

they really had issues and it took then 2 good weeks to apply the updates and get the proper support from Ford...that's how it was.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
We are trying as best as possible to do the right thing for the grabbing of government infrastructure dollars the advancement of electrification, even if that diminishes our competitive advantage, while charging non-tesla cars a premium” Musk said.

~~~~~~~~
Why not both?
Once EV charging stations are as widely available as gas stations are currently, there will be competition to attract EV drivers (price, speed, amenities)

We are still a long ways from that, but it will eventually happen.
It's probably a good use of government resources to subsidize anyone willing to increase the number of DCFCs. As long as the terms are transparent and fair.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
A math thing. If you have a factory producing chargers at a rate greater than you are making cars to use them with profitably you make it so everyone can use them and you have more revenue. Unlike F and GM Tesla can make money on the chargers also so why not.. $$$$

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I don't think Tesla owners will want to share with the riff raff. lol
I say the same thing about Teslas at EA chargers lol. Not sure where Teslas are fancier idea came from, I guess since they cost a lot when they came out.

lukew

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E CR1 Red
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I probably wouldn't choose to go to one over an EA station, but it will be nice for those underserved by existing CCS charging vendors.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I probably wouldn't choose to go to one over an EA station, but it will be nice for those underserved by existing CCS charging vendors.
Apparently they are putting Tesla SC at Buc-ees, so that would be very useful

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I don't think Tesla owners will want to share with the riff raff. lol
This is going to be more true than you know. I already have seen many chargers blocked by Tesla owners who just view charging spots as their personal parking spots. One "tesla bro" (he had the tight fitting Tesla t-shirt and all) did it right in front of me and tried to lie about it. If Tesla only has some SC with CCS and others without at a given location, rest assured a nonzero proportion of Teslarati will use the CCS equipped SC FIRST to ensure that their fellow Teslarati will have a tesla-connector only SC available and CCS cars will have to wait.

As for Tesla: absolutely it is a financial decision, which is why the disingenuous claim of altruism is so galling. They want a slice of the government pie, and they absolutely want to generate as much revenue from supercharging as they can. The more their SC are used, the more quickly they recapture their investment. And unless the government contracts don't prohibit it, you can rest assured there will always be (financial) strings attached to those CCS connectors.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Wow I always thought Tesla superchargers were cheaper than EA. I guess I shouldn’t have believed the Tesla fanboys claims. Those are some steep prices!
looks like it depends on where you go. This is from TMC forum for Superchargers in WA. The rates vary from $0.18 to $0.43 per kWh.

Ford Mustang Mach-E CCS connectors coming to Tesla Superchargers in the US says Elon Musk 031D1052-BF96-4D40-AE13-3D738D3A2E41

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I mean I have a first edition and I have had no updates since Nov 2021. I went to my dealer and asked them to perform the TSB + BlueCruise. It took a long time (3 weeks) and I had to open a case with Ford's customer experience to get it to resolution but in the end, it worked, I have a car that is now fully updated.
I have an open case as well, I will respond to the Ford CS team today to see what the the next step is. The dealer was very up front with me that they have done several of these, both F-150 and MME, and the software update process fails very often and has to be restarted many times, or it just gets stuck. Ford needs to greatly improve the software update process, it seems to be a complete mess, and I do not blame the dealers for this.

I hate taking my car in for multiple days to have stuff fixed. The glass recall took them three weeks back in Feb to complete. I got my Bolt HV battery (fire recall) replaced by GM dealership in just three days, and that included software updates as well.

ABjolly

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E Select
Country flag
I wonder if Tesla owners are going to be dicks about this when supercharging next to them.

me-stang

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Select, 2013 Explorer, 2013 Edge
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
Ha Ha. 5 days at the dealership, got it back, now it at least tells me on the driver display Blue Cruise Not Available, and I lost the lane centering feature. So now my MME can spell Blue Cruise, does that really count?
Right - got my May 2021 build Mach E back today - BC works on second attempt by dealer. First time it was telling me "Hands Free" in my garage....but wouldn't actually do hands free anywhere....tech said that the day after the first try a new update came out - after making that module update another half dozen wanted to update.....so now it works, although I tried to get it to nag me to watch the road and it never did.....only did a quick test after getting it back this morning.
Sponsored